GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After following Fred's video step-by-step, I replaced the air filter on my 2012 NAVI/XM. I thought everything went really well until I turned on the ignition and the only thing displayed on the screen was the blue navigation screen. When I push the "display" button nothing happens. I checked the electrical connection next to the ignition switch (the one that's a bear to get open), and it's fully connected. That's the only place where I know to check. Any ideas of what may be wrong before I contact the dealer?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Fred, you were right! It was the navi not booting up. It wasn't the battery or a loose card, but it was a card that still had a partial route left on it from the last time I rode. Because of rain, we took a shortcut home, and I didn't stop the route before I started doing the air filter, so I'm assuming that's why the navi wouldn't boot back up. The display works fine now.:smile2:

I just want to let you know what a great asset you have been to all of us Gold Wingers who like to do their own maintenance and do it right. I know your videos have saved me a ton of money over the years and have helped me keep a well-maintained and safe motorcycle.

Thanks gain!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts