GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On one hand I say wicked awesome but then...............

I guess I need to sit on one but it looks so sporty then they put running boards and forward controls on it. It would have been perfect with rear or mid set pegs.
Other than that it's still wicked awesome and I like the tranny idea, could be a beg bold move.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I think the DN01 is one of those bikes you just can not critique with any authority until you have put a few hundred miles on it (At Least!). Same goes for the Fury or any motorcycle for that matter!! But the DN01 is very "different"... I do like the look!

·
Registered
19,317 Posts
600cc for 14K you gotta be kidding right

Buy a Burgman 650 for 8K if this is what you want

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Well to be fair you could buy a Harley have half the horsepower for only $26,000. Just to put it in perspective.
and exactly which $26k HD model are you referring to that has 1/2 the HP as this Honda? You apparently don't know the HP rating of the DN-01...

Oh I get it, you're ragging on Harleys just because...well I guess I don't know why. Is it because you own a Honda? WOW.

·
Registered
160 Posts
sat on it at a bike show - for me i was looking right down the wind shild don't think it will cut much wind more like put it wright in your face - i like the looks of the bike

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and exactly which $26k HD model are you referring to that has 1/2 the HP as this Honda? You apparently don't know the HP rating of the DN-01...

Oh I get it, you're ragging on Harleys just because...well I guess I don't know why. Is it because you own a Honda? WOW.
Well actually I do own a couple hondas but have also owned - just about one of everything including sad to say a XR750. Most 600 cc metrics put out 90-100 hp and the average HD is about 65. HD makes the one bike with different fenders and then the Porshe designed 100hp Vrod. Again putting it in proper perspective the DN-01 looks cool and probably is and the point was you get much more for the money with the metrics in general. Nothing new or alarming there.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I sat on one at the IMS show this year. I was very impressed with the bike. It was much smaller than I thought it would be. Nice LOW seat height (even I could easily flat foot it with room to spare and I only have a 29" inseam).

It had a comfortable sitting position and the bike felt very light comming off the side stand. The fit and finish on it was exceptional.

I'd love to take it for a test ride. The reviewes I've read have all been VERY positive (especially regarding the tranny).

·
Premium Member
2,865 Posts
It don't matter how it looks or how much HP it has or don't have. It all boils down to being over priced for what you get. It is not going to sell. Remember the Rune. JMHO

·
Inquisitive Member
204 Posts
they said that about the pet rock too, and about various presidents over the course of time being elected.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The DN-01 is not intended to be the savior of Honda. They do not expect to sell millions of them. They are the testing grounds for an automatic transmission for future models. The Rune was not intended to be a savior either. It was Honda letting the engineers use their imagination.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny thing now that they don't make them anymore the Rune is a hot seller and in demand. I think it just took time for people to get used to the odd design.
The automatics make a lot of sense to me and I think it's a idea worth testing with the public especially the novice and younger market segment. The macho man will not go for it but new riders and those who commute in traffic will appreciate it's ease. I decided a car with a stick was a bad idea after getting twitchy leg everyday in traffic. As far as price - $14k is about average and if you look at other sport tour bikes they tend to be in this range. I am guessing if it ends up in production numbers that price may drop. Look at it this way you get springs shocks and the rest of the bike. Some people pay that kind of money on GL options.
I hope more manufactures hop on the "let's be original" wagon. We have enough Vtwins to last use quite a while. :eek:4:

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Well actually I do own a couple hondas but have also owned - just about one of everything including sad to say a XR750. Most 600 cc metrics put out 90-100 hp and the average HD is about 65. HD makes the one bike with different fenders and then the Porshe designed 100hp Vrod. Again putting it in proper perspective the DN-01 looks cool and probably is and the point was you get much more for the money with the metrics in general. Nothing new or alarming there.
New XR1200 has reported 90 HP....sa-weet

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
It would have to be ~$7500 and have regular pegs (even an option would be OK) with optional hard bags and then I'd consider it for a commuterbike. I like the auto trany idea, but too many other things break it for making commuter sense.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts