GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out for a ride today and didn't have any music or book going in my helmet. I heard the tranny whining when pulling about 2700 to 3000 rpms in 4th only. The rest of the gears were sounded great. There was no disrupt in the power and the bike ran smooth. I remember a friend was riding behind me last year and he said that he could hear it. Anything to worry about?
2015 abs and nav with about 28000 on the clock

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Mine does but my '01 didn't.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Really never noticed it on my 03 but i do wear ear plugs I wouldn't be to concerned about it as long its not jumping out of gear then I would be concerned :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
Was out for a ride today and didn't have any music or book going in my helmet. I heard the tranny whining when pulling about 2700 to 3000 rpms in 4th only. The rest of the gears were sounded great. There was no disrupt in the power and the bike ran smooth. I remember a friend was riding behind me last year and he said that he could hear it. Anything to worry about?
I would try some Amsoil syn @ every 4k and maybe goes away

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a fan of synthetic oil. I had a hd sg that the tappets were twice as loud when i put synthetic in. I use honda oil in my wing

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
17,823 Posts
Occasionally a member will complain about the same, and I'd like to hear one of these. I cannot say that I've ever heard a tranny whine on a 5th gen.

Reactions: Hoopdc

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a whinning or singing on my 06. I've heard this on other wings. Starts about 2,000 rpm. Could this be the alternator? My riding buddy says I sound like the Jetson mobile.

·
Registered
339 Posts

Most of the whining I've heard about on here is from a few 1800 owners who make it their lives work to troll.

Beagle

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What makes you think I'm a troll. I have posted many times here and check in daily. I have better things to do with my time than to troll a motorcycle forum.

·
Registered
339 Posts
What makes you think I'm a troll. I have posted many times here and check in daily. I have better things to do with my time than to troll a motorcycle forum.
Apologies. I was referring to the many trolls who frequent the board and whine about the things they don’t have or can’t afford.

Beagle

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
Not a fan of synthetic oil. I had a hd sg that the tappets were twice as loud when i put synthetic in. I use honda oil in my wing

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
was that mobile 1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts