GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about a set of air wings for the bike. Are these things really worth the money? Already have the Tulsa mirror wings and they do keep the wind off my hands, but do little to hellp the SO on the back. Will the Baker's really help her?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
IMO yes. I like the leg wings also. My wife says they make a difference

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
They absolutely work...one of the best investments I have added to my bike. I have the hand wings which helps tremendously with the buffeting on the wife. The side wings control circulation of air flow and heat removal from riders. Leg wings helps keep heat and water from legs. I don't have the foot wings which are not needed with '06 and later models which have the foot vents.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
My Baker wings under my mirrors reduce buffeting on my wife... no question.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Baker Wings

Yes, they do work!

·
Registered
819 Posts
thinking about a set of air wings for the bike. Are these things really worth the money? Already have the Tulsa mirror wings and they do keep the wind off my hands, but do little to hellp the SO on the back. Will the Baker's really help her?
Her? A little. You? A lot. The "standard" Bakers let you funnel cooler outside air to the rider during the summer, and warmer radiator air to him during the winter. The difference this makes in comfort is substantial. The passenger will see some difference, but not as much.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
When i bought my '02 yellow Wing from a guy a couple of years ago, it had the smoke color Baker hand wings and a set of lower wings. I took them off thinking they were "cheesy" looking.

After fighting wind noise in the intercom and with cooler weather on my hands while riding I decided to get another set of just the hand wing in yellow tint so it wouldn't be quite as noticeable.

What a difference they make!! It was hard to believe but less buffeting on the passenger and much better communication without the wind on the mics makes these one of the better purchases for the bike.

The hand wings coupled with a set of mic-mutes made the intercom system much more tolerable and well worth the investment!!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
IMHO, Yes, they work great. :yes1: Seem to be more of a benefit in the summer to help cool you off than in the winter to keep you warm. But that being said, I would not ride winter or summer with out them. I have and use the full set from foot wings to mirror wings. Foot wings come off in the spring and go back on in the late fall. Everything else is open or closed depending on the weather.
There are some that say the wings are not worth the cost and are utt bugly, but I have the dark smoke on the Illusion Blue and think they look just fine. Maybe not as attractive as with out, but for the benefit of them, they are nice.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I asked the expert. Princess says YES. I can put wind almost anywhere and they increase the "bubble" quite a bit. I saw somewhere there was a wing that goes on the trunk some way and redirects the backdraft. If I find it again I may look into one of those esecially in winter.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
In addition to the Baker mirror wings, my wife can instantly tell when I've got my CeeBailey windshield set too low (I like to look over it when riding solo).

She makes me pull over and raise it when she's aboard and then it's nice and still back there.

·
Registered
555 Posts
They work great. You have to drill 2 holes on either side in the fairing trim. On the hand wings there is no drilling. Well worth the investment.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Spend the bucks for the mirror/hand wings and make two people happy.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Baker Wings

My friends told me that it is one of the best things that I can buy for my wing and they were right. I am glad that I listen to them. Not only will they cool you down but if you have shark gills on and turn them they will warm you up better half with the air coming out of the rad. On nice days they will keep a lot of the wind off of your hand and off of the passenger. And on hot days they will keep a lot of the Rad. heat off of you .

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The mirror wings had made the difference between wearing bulky "ski"gloves and thin comfortable leather gloves.

A great minimal cost investment.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts