GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just purchased a 2006 goldwing. How do I tell if it has a cb?

I know I know I should have ask, but it was'nt to high on the priority list of questions to ask. Now I'm curious.

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Do you have 2 antennas? yes = probably yes
Does anything happen when you push the CB button on the console? yes = yes
Open up the trunk then lift up the center cover, if you have one you should see it there.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Look in the trunk theres a cubbyhole under the lid in the center of the floor .. or you could just turn it on and see id it works or look for the second antenna on the left side of the trunk ;)

:congrats:

on the new Wing!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 antenna
nothing happens when I press the button on the console
nothing in the cubby hole in the trunk

=no CB i'm thinking

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
testing 123, testing 123, tes.....

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
....Someone said that was the 'Cash Cab'!

:joke:

·
Registered
611 Posts
One antenna means it is a very high probability that you do not have a CB. If the one antenna is the stock fold down antenna on the right, then you do not have a CB.

Another way to verify it is to push the CB button on the radio. If nothing shows up in the display, then you do not have a CB.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
If the bike HAD a cb...the seller would have made it quite known that it
had one...especially what they cost... it certainly adds value or selling
points... they run in the $650-$1000 range w/ antenna.

Now someone will chime in and not agree...but if I was giving them away
rest assure they'd be in line to get one. :thumbup:

I don't care what anybody says...it's cool to have , many benefits...and added safety if you have buds
that ride with you...or if you do bike runs..or even talking to truckers , thats loads of fun.

Make no mistake .. Honda is getting thiers on the product $$$$$

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
1 antenna
nothing happens when I press the button on the console
nothing in the cubby hole in the trunk

=no CB i'm thinking
You are correct sir

·
Registered
120 Posts
One antenna means it is a very high probability that you do not have a CB. If the one antenna is the stock fold down antenna on the right, then you do not have a CB.

Another way to verify it is to push the CB button on the radio. If nothing shows up in the display, then you do not have a CB.

It sounds like you don't have the CB, but just because there is only one antenna by itself doesn't mean there is no CB. Some guys run a single antenna with a spliter, just like the old wings. It actually works better that way.

Read here http://www.sierra-mc.com/faq.asp

W

·
0 Posts
It sounds like you don't have the CB, but just because there is only one antenna by itself doesn't mean there is no CB. Some guys run a single antenna with a spliter, just like the old wings. It actually works better that way.

Read here http://www.sierra-mc.com/faq.asp
But it does when you're talking about OEM antennas: "If the one antenna is the stock fold down antenna on the right, then you do not have a CB." (emphasis added). The single replacement antennas with splitter are designed differently than stock. Using a stock AM/FM antenna for CB would produce lousy results - especially transmitting.

·
Registered
120 Posts
But it does when you're talking about OEM antennas: "If the one antenna is the stock fold down antenna on the right, then you do not have a CB." (emphasis added). The single replacement antennas with splitter are designed differently than stock. Using a stock AM/FM antenna for CB would produce lousy results - especially transmitting.
Actually all you would need is the spliter and the CB mast. They are not much different and you would still have the fold down part. This is just like the 1200's were set up. The only difference would be the coil in the middle of the mast. And it could still be on the right side.

So yes if you only had the straight wire antenna it would not work as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts