GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had two head lights , broken, and not working.............My low beams as well as high beam

So I went down to my local car parts store and purchased correct sized two head lights bulbs

Tried to get my fat fingers in there to remove the burnt out bulbs, and not a chance could I get in there, and work them out..............

Well my wife with tiny fingers, just reached in there, (after watching a you tube video/on how to change a bulb) and unplug'd both bulbs, and changed them "both" for me...

So guys "what you say??" do I have a keep'rrr or what???

Ronnie

·
Administrator
3,989 Posts
I had two head lights , broken, and not working.............My low beams as well as high beam

So I went down to my local car parts store and purchased correct sized two head lights bulbs

Tried to get my fat fingers in there to remove the burnt out bulbs, and not a chance could I get in there, and work them out..............

Well my wife with tiny fingers, just reached in there, (after watching a you tube video/on how to change a bulb) and unplug'd both bulbs, and changed them "both" for me...

Ronnie
That's a real good start Ronnie. Let us know how it works getting her to change oil and air filters!

I'm not sure I'm reading your post right. Was this high beams too?

Glen

·
Registered
21,199 Posts
Well at least they burned out before you left on your big trip to Wisconsin for barbecue Saturday. Since it sounds like there was only one headlight bulb left still working you might as well get her to change that one too. Hopefully your bringing her along on the trip . Congratulations on the great wife !

·
Registered
573 Posts
Proper service comes with a wash and polish, but I'd keep her around 😎

Guess all those rainy day tutorial hours you spent aren't paying off

·
Vendor
18,992 Posts

Ronnie
She sounds like a keeper, but to know for sure, listen for suggestions that she want to buy you a new GoldWing, or indications that she want to expand your garage. That's what I listen for :)

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
She sounds like a keeper, but to know for sure, listen for suggestions that she want to buy you a new GoldWing, or indications that she want to expand your garage. That's what I listen for :)
Greg, using your definition I have a keeper! After my road trip last fall to the Smoky Mountains I mentioned that my left hand really hurt and took almost a month to get back to normal. I have arthritis in my hands and over use causes pain. Riding twisty roads with a lot of shifting leaves me hurting. After I mentioned my hand situation to Kathy she said "didn't you say Honda is building a Goldwing with an automatic transmission?" If so why not order a new trike with the automatic transmission! Did I mention she is a keeper, and I am really enjoying the new DCT/CSC and plan to ride from Kentucky to Moab and Zion this summer.
Bill

·
Vendor
18,992 Posts
Greg, using your definition I have a keeper! After my road trip last fall to the Smoky Mountains I mentioned that my left hand really hurt and took almost a month to get back to normal. I have arthritis in my hands and over use causes pain. Riding twisty roads with a lot of shifting leaves me hurting. After I mentioned my hand situation to Kathy she said "didn't you say Honda is building a Goldwing with an automatic transmission?" If so why not order a new trike with the automatic transmission! Did I mention she is a keeper, and I am really enjoying the new DCT/CSC and plan to ride from Kentucky to Moab and Zion this summer.
Bill
Nice story ... is she saying anything about making your garage bigger, climate controlled, big screen TVs, recliners for your friends, and beer on tap ???

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Yes, an alternate would be to keep a link to that video available and buy ice cream for any teenager to watch the video and change your low beam headlight bulbs on your 2001-2017 Wing...... I have small hands (but glove manufactures make me think I have huge Godzilla hands with chipmunk fingers) and I can change both low beams out in 5 minutes. High beams take longer because of removing faring pockets for better access (although that is only 2001-2010's, 2012-2017 needs even smaller hands).

·
Registered
5,872 Posts

·
Vendor
18,992 Posts
Top this ... I should add that my GF Marie often washes parts in my solvent tank on weekends. All I have to do is supply gloves and away she goes. She'll also put parts away :) Both jobs she does well.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I read somewhere that women adjusted carbs on aircraft during WW2 because they could get their hands in tight places.
They also built and flew aircraft. Never underestimate the fairer sex! You may be working for one someday.

Paragraph two is especially poignant.

Rayjoe

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I read somewhere that women adjusted carbs on aircraft during WW2 because they could get their hands in tight places.
They also built and flew aircraft. Never underestimate the fairer sex! You may be working for one someday.

Rayjoe

During WW-II women worked at the "Fairchild" aircraft assembly plant in Hagerstown, Maryland. I knew some of the families....!!!

About the Keeper, she may need to perform a few more maintenance jobs......!

·
Registered
2002 GL1800ABS Illusion Red, 1999 CBR1100XX Super Blackbird.
216 Posts
Top this ... I should add that my GF Marie often washes parts in my solvent tank on weekends. All I have to do is supply gloves and away she goes. She'll also put parts away :) Both jobs she does well.
Greg, You sure Marie doesn't just enjoy the vapors of the solvent tank? ;) I kid, I kid.

Reactions: GoldWingrGreg

·
Registered
2002 GL1800ABS Illusion Red, 1999 CBR1100XX Super Blackbird.
216 Posts

Rayjoe
All true Rayjoe.

My sister worked the assembly line at GM installing dashboards. Since her hands were smaller than the "ham fisted" fellas that worked with her, she was appointed that crippling task.. After 15 years her hands are now arthritic and contracted. Poor girl. She would sing that song from "Annie get your gun"...Anything you can do, I can do better, ride a horse, run a course, better than you!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ronnie
With fingers that small, maybe she can reach in and change the air filter without removing all the plastic.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Vendor
18,992 Posts
Greg, You sure Marie doesn't just enjoy the vapors of the solvent tank? ;) I kid, I kid.
So long as she has rubber shop gloves on to keep the solvent off her hands, and her nails are protected, she a real trooper :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Any woman who is willing AND able to assist you on your ride is a keeper!

My wife love to go for rides, she know she MUST help if she want to go ride.

No free ride at my house. My boat goes the same, so does my truck and her brand new 2021 Camry SE I just bought her...when my toys gets washed, so do her new ride, NO EXCEPTIONS.

She help each and every time. Oil change on my bike, it's coming soon.😁

1 - 20 of 26 Posts