GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to connect my iPod and XM Radio to the AUX Input. I need a splitter for the connector. Anyone ever done this and if so, where did you get the splitter.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I installed this on my buddy's Goldwing just today. It was his idea to try, I didn't think it would work but it did.
One of these- Hooked this to the aux cable under the left pocket

Two of these- Connected each of these to the male plugs on the Y-adapter. Ran one of these to his Sirius on a Hoon mount. Ran the other to the right pocket for his iPod.

You can only have one device on at a time with this setup. They will override each other if they are both on. I figured there would be a bunch of squealing noise with both on. Didn't happen. I put shrink tubing on all the connections and stuffed them under the left pocket.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Why not wire the two devices to a panel mounted selector switch ? You won't need to listen to both at the same time anyway.

·
Registered
115 Posts
One of these may be a better option...

Just tying to audio sources together can be problematic and could damage one or both of the devices. This table may help you decide what you need, or give the folks at this site a call--they are very knowledgeable and helpful.

http://www.cellset.com/65183R1.PDF

I hope this helps. Happy motoring! :biker:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I hooked up my iPod and XM radio using a Y connector like the one you showed. I was getting all kinds of buzzing and removed the connector the first chance I got.
A switch to go from one to or the other would be the way to go.

·
Registered
416 Posts
t-bear said:
I hooked up my iPod and XM radio using a Y connector like the one you showed. I was getting all kinds of buzzing and removed the connector the first chance I got.
A switch to go from one to or the other would be the way to go.
That's what I was expecting when I hooked his up. But it didn't. This was his idea not mine. Myself, I would go with a switch from P.I.E. or Kennedy. Plus I don't like all the connections he had plus the gold connector going into the Sirius looked like crap. But it's his bike, not mine. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts