GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it...
Dl. saunders air filter video, studied it for about a day, then put it on the laptop, and had it out in the garage....
Looked at it all of ONCE
Result... one changed airfilter, 1.5 hours total time

Honestly... I really dont see what all the fuss is about.
Admittedly I had saunders videos to study, but all of the stuff (cables harnesses) just moved out of the way.
It took less time to get the air box uncovered, than it did to get the shelter off LOL. (ie more to get the shelter off)

I wouln't want to try a unit with NAV, or an airbag unit though..

·
Registered
457 Posts
I don’t fear the filter change; I fear what is to be found while changing the filter.
The first two filter changes went smooth but the most recent one was a surprise…….:eek:4:

So I went with Fred’s advice and used the screen from the old filter to block the front of the air intake ducts.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don’t fear the filter change; I fear what is to be found while changing the filter.
The first two filter changes went smooth but the most recent one was a surprise…….:eek:4:

So I went with Fred’s advice and used the screen from the old filter to block the front of the air intake ducts.
Okay, what's the deal? Do you have a bike full of rats nesting inside of your fairing, or do you live/ride along/through cotton fields?

·
Vendor
21,893 Posts
Okay, what's the deal? Do you have a bike full of rats nesting inside of your fairing, or do you live/ride along/through cotton fields?
It is actually a pretty common occurrence, and several folks, myself included, have found mouse nests in the air box. For some reason they seem to really like it in there. I only had two mice in my garage, and they made quite a nest in just a few days time.

There have probably been over 2 dozen similar photos posted on this board after folks found evidence of mice in the airbox.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also found

mice nesting in the airbox on my riding lawnmower last year. Must be something in there they like??

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I put mouse traps in the gargage and on the bike every fall. Never fails, I always catch 3-4 of the critters every winter

·
Registered
907 Posts
There's just no reason to bury a maintaince item that deep in plastic and wiring!!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
No cotton fields but here’s the towel I use to cover the bars and windshield while parked in the garage.

I have used the same towel since 04 and this is a first; the two other bikes where covered the same way with a towel over the windshield and then the travel cover over that and the little basta..s picked the wing to build there nest.
Not only did they use the towel they started to eat the filter material.

No wiring was found with tooth marks and all the foam backing under the panels where found unscathed.

The only thing I didn’t do this year was put mothballs under the cover, dumbshi . award goes to me this year.:shrug:

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Tom sleeps in the garage on the bike...............No jerry in my filter:joke:

·
Registered
457 Posts
By the way, I'm looking for a cat with an attitude.:evil:

·
Registered
907 Posts
This must be the year of the mouse!!!

Attachments

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got a picture of the actual MOUSE dead in the air box.. I gotta find it!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts