GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another post, someone wanted to know how many Goldwings have been made from 2001 to present. I have the official number from Honda for the dates of Jan 01 to Mar 09. Do we have any takers here. Maybe the winner could receive free crush washers for life. Wadda' say? Any takers?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
all of them :shrug:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
355 Posts
How many

44,600 per year as of the end of 08, so that is 356800 not exactly sure when their Japanese market started but they have the capacity of 600,000 per year. So with sales a bit down and only 5 months on production maybe run I will say add 225,000 + the previous. So grand total (every day you would add 2083 units. So what time did you say the count stopped?

My guess is 581800

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
44,600 per year as of the end of 08, so that is 356800 not exactly sure when their Japanese market started but they have the capacity of 600,000 per year. So with sales a bit down and only 5 months on production maybe run I will say add 225,000 + the previous. So grand total (every day you would add 2083 units. So what time did you say the count stopped?

My guess is 581800
Japanese production not started yet, maybe 2011/12. Still produced in Marysville. Sorry, but no way they produce 2083 units per day. The Honda plant here in full production with two lines, 2 shifts per day only produce 1600 vehicles per day. The count started Jan 01 and ended March 09. A little hint here, everybody is high.

I know, I know, everybody will wonder where I got the numbers from. Let's just say that if everybody in Ohio that works for Honda, except for 10 people were to lose their jobs, my source would still be employed.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
419 Posts
I know, I know, everybody will wonder where I got the numbers from. Let's just say that if everybody in Ohio that works for Honda, except for 10 people were to lose their jobs, my source would still be employed.
I know what you're implying about the source, but suppose this mythical person didn't work for Honda. Your statement would still be accurate, but would lead the innocent to believe you have an inside connect that may not exist. :wrong: ;););)

Anyway, just funin' with ya. I have no clue on the number, so lets go with 237,115.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know what you're implying about the source, but suppose this mythical person didn't work for Honda. Your statement would still be accurate, but would lead the innocent to believe you have an inside connect that may not exist. :wrong: ;););)

Anyway, just funin' with ya. I have no clue on the number, so lets go with 237,115.
I hear ya'. I usually can't get much info. Even tried to get a CB once but with no luck. Oh well. BTW, your high.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 20 of 46 Posts