GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..when you buy a new Goldwing Tour? I don't know why I haven't asked this before. I guess I just assumed a BT headset would be with the new motorcycle so you could use the radio/infotainment system as you ride away from the dealer. Or does Honda sell them as an accessory like Harley does? Heck, Harley makes you also buy a WHIM..Wireless Headset Interface Module ) in order to connect to their system. But they also have a corded connection as standard..for those that don't want BT connectivity.

·
Registered
356 Posts
none of the goldwings have ever come with a headset and the new one is no different. you can use the system when you ride away you just have to use the speakers on the bike

...or bring your BT with you to the dealer and set it up there :)

(Hey, it was a long ride home!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
794 Posts
You don't get the option of using a corded headset with the new wing. Unless you purchase J&Ms corded interface box. At first I believed that's what I would do. Silly to even consider such a stupid thought. The old school in me pushed for the old ways. However, breaking loose of that corded head set was one of the best moves I've ever made. That goes right along with all of the other changes with the new system. It all boils down to a real up graded experience in riding (as long as you don't forget the clutch less shifting).
:serious: :smile2: :surprise:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Had Sena S20 EVO in my older helmet initially with my 18 Tour DCT. With some hearing problems, my Dr says wear foam plugs anytime I ride. Sena just didn't have enough volume to hear while wearing plugs. Needed a new helmet, so purchased from J&M the HJC Symax II with the new J&M bluetooth installed. They were running a 20% off at the time. Boy what a difference. The J&M is far superior to the SENA. Sound is more crisp with deeper bass. Love it and recommend it it your are contemplating bluetooth or need to upgrade.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Since I haven't had a Sena headset I can't speak for those. However, even though I'm near deaf in one ear & can't hear with the other & must wear hearing aids all of the time. I can second the quality & volume of the sound of the J&M BT-04 blue tooth headset. In fact it's the only time I can hear music, understand it & enjoy it. I'll admit that the J&M elite corded headsets were also very high quality & I was concerned that the blue tooth head sets wouldn't be able to match them. But if anything their blue tooth is better than the corded headsets. Plus the customer service J&M delivers is way above what I expect from any vendor. So I guess you could say I'm a believer. :serious: :smile2: :wink2:

·
Registered
131 Posts
What is it with corded headsets it's the 21st century people cordes are so 1990s like clutch levers are so 1920s !

Move to the next century and by yourself a bluetooth headset and put the cords in the same place as the L/H lever THE BIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
What is it with corded headsets it's the 21st century people cordes are so 1990s like clutch levers are so 1920s !

Move to the next century and by yourself a bluetooth headset and put the cords in the same place as the L/H lever THE BIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slow your roll. I agree about corded headsets but there’s nothing wrong with rowing your own gears on a bike. Automatic transmissions may be the future of motorcycling, but they’ve got a long way to go before mass acceptance.

·
Registered
19,262 Posts
I used JM Elite corded with by 05 and 10. With the 18 I have a Neotech2 with Sena SRL and although there was a learning curve I thought I would never get right, now the BT works flawlessly. I could never use a cord again. I say cut the wire!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had Sena S20 EVO in my older helmet initially with my 18 Tour DCT. With some hearing problems, my Dr says wear foam plugs anytime I ride. Sena just didn't have enough volume to hear while wearing plugs. Needed a new helmet, so purchased from J&M the HJC Symax II with the new J&M bluetooth installed. They were running a 20% off at the time. Boy what a difference. The J&M is far superior to the SENA. Sound is more crisp with deeper bass. Love it and recommend it it your are contemplating bluetooth or need to upgrade.

Thanks for the info about J&M BT.

And thanks to all about the headsets not being included.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Slow your roll. I agree about corded headsets but there’s nothing wrong with rowing your own gears on a bike. Automatic transmissions may be the future of motorcycling, but they’ve got a long way to go before mass acceptance.

I will leave the automatic function to my Nissan Rogue for my wife to drive ..... if I had something wrong with the function of my left hand then I guess I would have to consider something else.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just bought the wife and I Shoei Neotec II helmets with the Sena SRL SET UP FOR BOTH..
very pricey but helmets fit and perform great....trying to get up the techy learning curve now on the Sena SRL set up..am hopeful they work well....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought these on Amazon, they work great and battery will last all day.

NikoMaku Motorcycle Helmet... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0796Q99F5?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

1 - 16 of 16 Posts