GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Hal and LaMont ended the "Off Topic Board", is there enough information/tips/suggestions here on a Goldwing to hold your interest and to keep returning to this great site "GL1800Riders.com"?

Just a question.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
OTB, never held anything for me, so i won't see much diff, unless that crap transgresses to other parts of the board, and I am sure that it will, with the Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday crap coming up.

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
THe OTB wasn't why I joined, nor did it hold any attraction for me.

I check in this site everyday, usually multiple times, because I enjoy reading about the Wing, rides people have taken and just motorcycle stuff in general.

Losing the OTB wont affect me in the least.

Dep

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
No offense, but if you don't want to talk motorcycles, why hang on a motorcycle site?

I couldn't understand the need for a OTB on a motorcycle site and I don't understand a Harley Bashing board either. Maybe I can't understand because I enjoy motorcycles...... All motorcycles.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Didn't know anything about the OTB board until Hal's post tonight. I think there are a lot of people like me that are really trying to learn the ins and outs of the Goldwing.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Bulldog said:
I am sure that it will, with the Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday crap coming up.

Bulldog
Bulldog, do I detect you hate the Hoidays.............LOL

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
No, not sick of talking about the GL1800, that is why I come here. Only made a couple of posts there, most of my time here is on the general board and tech board. Just right for me. OTB, whenever I visited, seemed full of people who had lost the fine art of civil discussion, and now they have lost their board.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Can't miss something I never experienced. I come for scooter talk, nothing else!!

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
I came here to read about Goldwings and people who enjoy riding them and fixing them. There are plenty of other places on the Internet to read about politics and religion and jokes. People who want to converse about those topics should go someplace else to talk about those topics and leave this board to the people who want to talk about Goldwings.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
CJS said:
I came here to read about Goldwings and people who enjoy riding them and fixing them. There are plenty of other places on the Internet to read about politics and religion and jokes. People who want to converse about those topics should go someplace else to talk about those topics and leave this board to the people who want to talk about Goldwings.
Well said, we are all here because of the Mighty Wing.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Red said:
No offense, but if you don't want to talk motorcycles, why hang on a motorcycle site?
:yes1:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
They can always post a joke on the classified board and try to sell it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
How can anyone get tired of talking about the Mighty Wing ? I just dont understand it ? :lol:

·
Registered
244 Posts
OK OK. Heres a joke for you.

If you took Harley's Teck department and cut out their brain and layed it on the sharp edge of a razor blade.......It would look like a BB rolling down a four lane highway.

:yes:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I don't think that we are restricted to belonging to one board. When I log in here it says GL1800 so that is what i am here for. If i want to talk about politics or anything else am sure i could find a board for that. Just not interested in that.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I could talk about the Mighty Wing all night. theres so much to talk about. JUST SO MUCH !

·
Registered
244 Posts
Dive Master. You've got a sharp lookin bike. Like the color (even if it isn't BLACK ). LOL

·
Registered
713 Posts
I love my Wing as much as the next Wing owner but I've been on this board for just over two years and like Orange Crush said a few months back, you can only read about oil, front end shimmy, the best tires, the best trailer, where to mount your GPS - so many times, then it just gets redundant. Nobody seems to do a "search" before posting because every concievable topic has been hammered a dozen times before. 50% of the OTB board was just crap, but at least the other 1/2 was entertaining. I'll miss it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
In the short time that I have been on the board I have learned a lot about the Gold Wing and what accessories to purchase or not purchase. Already ordered something from Hal and do not even have my Wing yet :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts