GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to get some thoughts for those that trade bikes for like type models. 1800 for another 1800

Do you transfer your cb or get a new one?

If it worked well for 2 - 3 years do you assume it will be fine?

Is it better to pay the extra and have a new warranty or is it spending money foolishly?

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I would just let mine go - get a new one with the new bike. I just jack up the price to cover about 50% of the value of the used one. Face it = a stripped bike is a lot harder to sell.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
I would have a new CB installed befor taking possion of the bike, but tha's me.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have always got a new one with each bike but wondering if that put me in the minority.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I left mine on in the sale (GL 1500), helped getting a better price for it. Just increase the sales price by about $300 to $400 to cover it. Mine was nearly 10 years old at the sale.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I also had one on the 1500 that I traded in for the 1800; the CB went with it. When I trade the 1800, the CB will go with it as well. Most of the time I never even use it. When I bought the bike, I thought it might come in handy, but so far it has not.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Overland1 said:
I also had one on the 1500 that I traded in for the 1800; the CB went with it. When I trade the 1800, the CB will go with it as well. Most of the time I never even use it. When I bought the bike, I thought it might come in handy, but so far it has not.
I find that buyers who've never had a Wing or never had a CB on their Wing like the idea of getting one with their bike. Those who've had one are about evenly divided between wanting one and not caring at all.

·
Registered
21,053 Posts
i priced it both ways and came out better just swapping the CB to the new bike, they did the swap for me at no charge

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
When I discussed trading my Wing to a dealer, he said " he would not take a Wing in trade if it did not have a CB". Most people want them. (according to the dealer)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Art H. said:
When I discussed trading my Wing to a dealer, he said " he would not take a Wing in trade if it did not have a CB". Most people want them. (according to the dealer)
Our local two Honda dealers claim they won't order ST1300s or Wings with ABS since nobody wants to pay extra for them. :shock:

Sounds to me both our dealerships are out of touch with the public.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its funny how things work dealer to dealer as the big one here in WI says nobody wants ABS but have to have the cb.

In four Wings I have never had ABS and they total 250K of mileage between them. I am planning on the next one having it though no matter what they tell me.

I agree with cycledude that it is cheaper to swap the only thing I see is that you give up warrenty but if it has been working fine generally that stuff continues fine. Oh until it goes to hell of course. It seems that it is running about 50/50 as to leave it or swap it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts