GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading about windshields lately, and it's kinda got me thinking..... I read about riders that don't like to look through it, and enjoy them lower so that they look over it..
and then there's other's, that love the shield high, so they have to look through it ........
Myself I like a high shield, and enjoy looking through it....I feel that the higher it is the least amount of wind blowing on you..OR WHEN RIDING IN RAINY CONDITIONS, IT KEEPS THE WATER OFF YOU.. I did order my shield with an air vent already installed, which I believe was a great investment for riding in hot weather conditions and OR when starting to fall asleep while riding, It help to keep me awake with the air blowing in my face..

So what is your preference:::: High OR Low

Ronnie
11/21/21

·
Registered
607 Posts
Through, BUT one of the nice things about the current generation Goldwing is the adjustable windshield. I have an F4 plus 4 on the trike (2019) and at it's lowest position I can look over it and at it's top position I can look through it. Unless it's a real hot day and I'm travelling slowly I always look through. (note) the windshield on the earlier bikes with the built in vent provides better airflow on hot days IMO.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Always looked over the top till me and the wife started riding together. Got a taller madstad and had to look thru, took a little getting used to. Only draw back is I have to clean windshield more often.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,834 Posts
I look over the windshield most of the time..in the rain I lower the windshield a bit and the air blows the water off my full face helmets faceshield and its easier to see..if its really hot, I lower it all the way...if its really cold I look thru it...I love the power windshield and can't see me buying another bike that doesn't have one.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Missing my ST1300.... over or under was at my moods discretion. The 2012 GL means I have to make up my mind or pull over..... why did Honda NOT include a power shield on the GL but they did on the ST? !!! Most of the time it's over....

·
Administrator
4,354 Posts
Over. When I bought this bike it had the Windbender with a 15" shield for the former owner is a tall fella. I bought an 11" to replace it so that I can look over it. On occasion I raise the windshield, but it is not very often.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts