GL1800Riders Forums banner
21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Aloha,

Mostly over but changes with weather conditions.

·
Registered
164 Posts
2018 AB with std.ht. F4. 99% of my riding is with a scrupulously cleaned screen Full Up with sunglasses in my Neotec, with face shield Up. Very quiet and I believe I could smoke a pipe at 70mph. In hot weather windshield comes down to various heights according to temp and speed. This summer at 70mph on the Interstate it was very hot so I lowered the screen to look over it. 5 minutes later... BLAP ! A 3 inch diameter brown moth came directly over my screen and hit me on my sunglasses. For about 30 seconds I was flying Blind. Got pulled over and cleaned the gooey mess off my glasses. Yuch! Windshield went back up.
I have also been hit from the side by a white bird at eyeball height. Shield was full Up that time.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The first time you are riding down the highway and your windshield fogs over you will wish that it's low enough to look over it. Happened to me a few times early on but I learned my lesson. Scared the hell out of me when traveling blind down the highway. I now have mine set so I just look over the top all the time.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Always over, I'm like the dog you see in his/her owners car with his head out the window enjoying life. :D

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I got used to looking over the windshield when I was back east. High humidity condensation suddenly turning my windshield into a frosted beer mug was a pain to deal with. Now, out here in the midwest with so many bugs, I still keep it so I'm still just looking over it so most of the bugs paint the windshield instead of me.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The first time you are riding down the highway and your windshield fogs over you will wish that it's low enough to look over it. Happened to me a few times early on but I learned my lesson. Scared the hell out of me when traveling blind down the highway. I now have mine set so I just look over the top all the time.

Has happened to me too. A major reason I prefer looking over.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Being short I had to look through the windscreen unless I forced myself to sit fully upright, then I could look just over the top. I found it more comfortable to look through, but to look over if caught in the rain. Even electrically controlled windscreens do not go down low enough for those of short stature to easily look over. I used to be 5'8" but not I'm down to 5'7". It is what it is.

Reactions: klook

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Prefer the extra shelter of looking through but need to lower it in rain or riding into low sun; the fewer layers of plastic I need to look through into the sun, the better.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts