GL1800Riders Forums banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2013 F6B
606 Posts
This should have been a poll. Over, through, or both. I am both depending on the situation.

For us with the "old wings", we can have windshields that are even more adjustable than the "new wing".

Come on EC or Max, make a kit!

Automotive tire Tire Tread Automotive design Bicycle part

·
Registered
354 Posts
Over.
On my 1500, I cut the windshield down myself so I'm looking just over the top edge.
In rain or cold, I can raise it up two inches.

Reactions: gkarasik

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've been reading about windshields lately, and it's kinda got me thinking..... I read about riders that don't like to look through it, and enjoy them lower so that they look over it..
and then there's other's, that love the shield high, so they have to look through it ........
Myself I like a high shield, and enjoy looking through it....I feel that the higher it is the least amount of wind blowing on you..OR WHEN RIDING IN RAINY CONDITIONS, IT KEEPS THE WATER OFF YOU.. I did order my shield with an air vent already installed, which I believe was a great investment for riding in hot weather conditions and OR when starting to fall asleep while riding, It help to keep me awake with the air blowing in my face..

So what is your preference:::: High OR Low

Ronnie
11/21/21
If you make it high enough you can connect it to the passenger backrest. Then you could fit some Jeep plastic side curtains/doors to it?? I believe they make things like that already. The call them ATVs?

Falling asleep while riding?? Now, there is an interesting topping in there somewhere!!

I'm not sure what to do about the rain water on the ground, though?? Heated booties?? 3ft belly pan?? (Don't tell Max I used the BP word!)

YMMV:cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Both. Ayuh, I am short. That pic of the bugs on the windshield is something I cant explain to people in the south. They think the bugs are bad down here.......

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've been reading about windshields lately, and it's kinda got me thinking..... I read about riders that don't like to look through it, and enjoy them lower so that they look over it..
and then there's other's, that love the shield high, so they have to look through it ........
Myself I like a high shield, and enjoy looking through it....I feel that the higher it is the least amount of wind blowing on you..OR WHEN RIDING IN RAINY CONDITIONS, IT KEEPS THE WATER OFF YOU.. I did order my shield with an air vent already installed, which I believe was a great investment for riding in hot weather conditions and OR when starting to fall asleep while riding, It help to keep me awake with the air blowing in my face..

Ronnie
11/21/21
I prefer to look over the windshield and appreciate having the adjustable capability in my 2021 DCT Tour.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Ronnie
11/21/21
Both. That is why I bought F4 20” so I can raise and lower to get the desired effect.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The first time you are riding down the highway and your windshield fogs over you will wish that it's low enough to look over it. Happened to me a few times early on but I learned my lesson. Scared the hell out of me when traveling blind down the highway. I now have mine set so I just look over the top all the time.
I was about to share a similar story but I thought I should read through first. It happened to us on a cool morning as we was riding back form Harrison AR to Florida. WE stopped for the night at Eufaula AL. The next morning the steam off of the relatively warm water of Walter F. George reservoir had me blind and I had to essentially stand on the pegs not to wreck (and Goldwing pegs and general seat position is not set up for on the pegs riding like a dual-purpose bike...try it).

However, to answer the original question, like most I am windshield down unless going on the freeway (too much noise) rain or very cold. Answered just in case anyone is keeping score.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Goldwing 1800 Premium Audio Comfort Nav ABS 2003 Honda Shadow 600
119 Posts
This should have been a poll. Over, through, or both. I am both depending on the situation.

For us with the "old wings", we can have windshields that are even more adjustable than the "new wing".

Come on EC or Max, make a kit!

View attachment 392358

I just put mine on couple weeks ago. OMG!. I lov it. No more buffeting, brain like scrabbled eggs. Lov looking over it instead of windsheild.
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2008 GL1800 Airbag
4 Posts

Ronnie
11/21/21
Look through it. I like the protection. Clean the windshield before every ride. If I sit up really straight, then I can just see over it, so I can do that if I have to.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Madstad, always over, Wouldn't want it any other way

Reactions: jtdunc and dduelin
61 - 80 of 89 Posts