GL1800Riders Forums banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GL1800 MT, 1998 Honda Shadow
254 Posts
Over... I only adjust it up, to just under my line of sight, as I get on the highway. If I wanted to look through a windscreen, I'd get in my car.. LOL

·
Registered
83 Posts
Over. Always. And I seldom have bugs hit my faceshield. I'm one of those obsessive people who hates looking through dirty windshields, faceshields, eyeglasses...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like my LRS (Long Ride Shield) with the curve at the top, looking over the shield. I have it adjusted so the wind hits the top of my helmet, giving me air circulation through the helmet vents in the hot summer months, but allowing me to look over the windshield for clear vision. It keeps most of the bugs off of my face shield, gives me ventilation, but does not have the problem of having to look through the bugs on the windshield. When it rains, I can raise it for protection, but usually just bob my head to the left or right if there is too much rain on the face shield, and it blows right off.

·
Premium Member
19,957 Posts
I prefer to look over it.In the rare case my shield is all up I look over it(cold weather)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Over

i have the Flare short tinted by Klock Werks. It diverts the air up and over and around me very well.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Madstad, always over, Wouldn't want it any other way
I'm with JoeHall! I used to look through the Honda OEM windshield BUT in the Seattle area's rain storms, you lose visibility. After the fourth or fifth time of a fogged up windshield, ruled "looking through" as hazardous. Cut down my windshield 4" plus to look over it for a while.

THEN bought a 12" Madstad. Look over is safer.

Reactions: JoeHall

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been reading about windshields lately, and it's kinda got me thinking..... I read about riders that don't like to look through it, and enjoy them lower so that they look over it..
and then there's other's, that love the shield high, so they have to look through it ........
Myself I like a high shield, and enjoy looking through it....I feel that the higher it is the least amount of wind blowing on you..OR WHEN RIDING IN RAINY CONDITIONS, IT KEEPS THE WATER OFF YOU.. I did order my shield with an air vent already installed, which I believe was a great investment for riding in hot weather conditions and OR when starting to fall asleep while riding, It help to keep me awake with the air blowing in my face..

So what is your preference:::: High OR Low

Ronnie
11/21/21
Through, with a vent for air flow as needed,

81 - 89 of 89 Posts