GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys (and gals), but nothing relieves my stress like taking a nice, long road trip on two wheels. I only wish I had re-discovered the joy of riding 20 years ago.

Once I get outside of the city and onto some small backroads, the stress melts away.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Oh HE__ yes, I ride to escape from reality.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Stress? What's stress?

·
Registered
116 Posts
To me there is nothing as relaxing as a ride through the countryside. I also regret the years of not having a bike. Maybe I wouldn't have as many grey hairs if I had kept it up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
How do you spell Stress Relief R-I-D-E

I am blessed to live in the country where the backroads are closeby. Riding cleans the cobwebs out of my mind. One of my favorite rides is to a small country store that's been closed for the past two decades or more. It's only about ten miles from home but is down a winding two lane blacktop secluded in the east Texas area. Next door to it there's an old country church and cemetery. I believe they still hold services in the church. Very relaxing place to get away from the stresses of work and the 'same ol same ol'. I'm always on the lookout for opportunities to ride, even for short distances. Long road trips are enjoyable when you have the time and money but getting both at the same time is often a problem. However, anytime you can get away if only for a few miles, it is a real treat. My sig-pic is by the store I'm talking about.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I used to ride to get away from my stress. But my job was vary demanding and vary stress full I only had Weds. and Sundays off but was always on call per say if stuck around. So I would go for a long ride and would not answer my cell phone ( witch made the company unhappy ) So one day I got on the bike and said good by and we parted ways. I have not missed them and they have not missed me and they have found some one else to put the stress on but he is staring to see the light. Maybe I should introduce him to a Goldwing it worked for me.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I don't know about you guys (and gals), but nothing relieves my stress like taking a nice, long road trip on two wheels. I only wish I had re-discovered the joy of riding 20 years ago.

Once I get outside of the city and onto some small backroads, the stress melts away.
Yes I find riding back country roads great for stress relief.
But I didn't "re-discovered" riding been at it more or less since 1968....
Lately I have not really been enjoying my freeway ride to work all that much, but when it gets warmer I will start to take the back roads there and back...

·
Registered
5,260 Posts

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
The time one spends motorcycling does not count against one's lifespan.

Live long and phosphor!

prs

·
Registered
283 Posts
For sure..........blood pressure after work was 180/95, after a ride 120/70. Since I can't ride all the time and have to work I take a blood pressure med. Funny thing now, when go for a ride it's 90/60. Conclusion, I need to ride more and get rid of the med.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes

I rode when I was young.
Then family came and I didn't, for over 20 years.
Then came a complete and utter Nervous Breakdown, due to job stress.

Then all of a sudden I had time, so I started riding again.

That was twenty years ago.
In that twenty years, I have ridden over 500,000 km.

Now if I start getting wound up, one tan of gas, gets e unwound.

Never, again will stress, rule.
Bob

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Don't need stress relief, I have no stress. Retired since 2008. :thumbup: Prior to 2008... yes there were times when I needed a visit with my motorpsychiatrist.

·
IronMan
17,462 Posts
YES !!! TURN THE RADIO ON WITH SOME GOOD OLE COUNTRY MUSIC AND GIVE ME ANY ROAD THAT DONT HAVE LOTS TRAFFIC ! CAN EVEN BE THE SLAB IF NO ONE ELSE AROUND .( USUALLY NITE TIME ) SOME I RIDE WITH WANT ME TO GET A CB :eek:4: TELL THEM I DONT WANT TO TALK / LISTEN TO ANYBODY WHEN RIDING !:bow::bow: PLENTY TIME TO BS WHEN WE STOP . MILES = SMILES :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Two wheel therapy or in my case three wheel therapy.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts