GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must not be doing something right.
I am riding down the road, I have Apple Car play going, using one of the map programs and listening to the radio.
Now what I call a problem happens two different ways and here are both examples.

1. I push the Siri button and request it to do something. Of course when I push the Siri button, the radio mutes. After it has done whatever it was supposed to do, the radio does not come back on.

2. I get a text message and select to find out what it is. Siri asks do I want to have it read to me. Whether I do or don't doesn't matter, because after it has finished, the radio does not come back on.

In order to get the radio to play, I have to do the following.

Push the Home button,
Scroll to the Audio Source,
Select Audio Source, (the music then starts to play)
I then have to push the Home button,
Scroll to the Apple Car Play,
Select Apple Car Play which will take me back to my map and route.

What am I doing wrong, maybe a setting or something, that will not allow the radio to resume after using Siri?

·
IronMan
17,634 Posts
ask siri to turn radio back on see what happens ??? does that with my music on old bike .

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've used Siri many times and have not had this happen. But, I was listening to SiriusXM through the bike's speakers not my headset. I recently cancelled my SXM subscription, so I'll have to see if this behavior is something I'll experience. Otherwise, I have not and after sending/receiving texts, making phone calls, the bike has always returned to the previous state.

During today's ride, I tried a couple different things with Siri and had the following results (Note: this was not an exhaustive testing scenario)... CarPlay up and running receive a test message from the ex-. At the time of the incoming notification, I had music playing (CarPlay) through the bike's speakers and Waze running. Select the message notification and CarPlay takes me to Messages and I play the text. I do not have to respond, so I tell Siri to cancel. She does and I am returned to Waze and the music starts playing. I then, some time later, decide to respond, so I navigate over to the Messages app and send a text response. CarPlay leaves me in Messages (I did manually go there to send the text). I then hit the back arrow button and got back to playing music and re-enter Waze. Sounds like how it's designed for these situations. I didn't try the radio situation as we don't have any stations that I like to listen to though I guess I could have tried. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Do I use Siri? Absolutely not! The last thing I want is another woman telling me what to do :capwin:

·
Banned
435 Posts
I do use Siri, but I only listen to music through CarPlay... it comes back on, automatically. I don’t listen to AM/FM.

·
Vendor
22,069 Posts
I used Siri on my very first ride on the new Wing at the Honda media launch. It works great.
https://www.facebook.com/1583828035260401/videos/1771999143109955/
"Hey Siri, take me to the nearest Dairy Queen"

"Hey Siri, play some Eric Clapton"

"Hey Siri, what will the high temperature be tomorrow?"

These are just a few of the many examples. Siri can be a great helper on a ride if you know how to use it. It has become another tool for me and I use it frequently.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Fred this would be great for me, but for some reason I cant just ask SIRI a question and get a response, I have to push the SIRI button and then I can get her to respond. Problem is after I get her to respond and make a phone call it keeps telling me it is trying to connect to the intercom, even when I am the only one on the bike and the intercom has not been activated. Aggravating when I am in the middle of a phone call. Or just trying to play music or ask for directions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts