Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, this is fine the way it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some sites have way too many boards but it might be a good idea to have a Rides and Event board. What do you think?

·
Registered
949 Posts
I wouldn't be interested in a "Rides and Event" board but I would like to see a "Trips & Rides" board where we could share our experiences and get questions answered about places we're thinking of riding to, recommended roads, sights to see along the way, etc.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
An event board may become a cluster. It may need to be divided into sections of the country or by state.

I have tried to look at local events here in AZ on the GWRRA chapter sites. Most of the sites are out of date by 1 - 4 months and current information is listed as TBD.

A "Rides " section may be helpful. People can list areas to see and to avoid. Good hotels and camp sites along with ones to avoid.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Good idea...

...but I think that it would be nice to have both an EVENTS form and a RIDES forum. If folks want to see all and are using the board regularly, they problem just use the "View posts since last visit". However, if they have been away for a while this might be too many messages. As a result, they can go to these individual forums and scan to see the ones that they might be interested in. I particularly like the RIDES board and I will definitely be a contributor. I'm trying to work on a "Favorite Rides" section on my web site and hopefully will get it done over the winter -- especially since I will be on restricted activities for 12 weeks as the result of neck/spine surgery/fusion scheduled for Dec 9th.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I voted no because I like it to be simple and not having to worry about getting your a** bit because you might post on a board considered the wrong one by the inevitable self-appointed board police. ... Rob

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I think we should have a poll on whether we should have polls or not. :chat: :D :D

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I would

A rides Board would be a nice touch Lamonster. Good,bad roads etc.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Lamont,

I think that an Event board would be a great Idea. I just don't see how it could be controlled.

As far as the ride board, we do a pretty good job on the General board!

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
If it is possible to do so it needs to be set up so that it auto purges out-of-date items.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Should we have a Rides & Events Board

I think a board for each is a great idea. I'm familiar with the GWRRA events in my own district both others seem to get by me so an events board would be helpful. In addition, sometimes my schedule sets me free for a weekend unexpectedly and it would be great to have a place to hop to see what's going on. A calendar format would be the best if that's possible.

Regarding a rides board, I would like to have some place to view where others have gone and get info on potential journeys without tieing up the main board.

Therefor I would like 2 seperate ones.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
A rides and events board would be nice but I agree with others that it would HAVE TO BE maintained or auto-purged with out dated events

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I think it would be a good idea, give folks somewhere to post get togethers & lunches.

Don't think auto-purging or deleting posts would be an issue, when interest in the thread dies, it drops to the bottom of the pile and unless you go digging, you won't see it...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Events Calendar

As you know, I have an events calendar for the GL1800 that is available on-line to anyone that wants to view it. I rely on users to submit events to me for posting, though.

Click on the [WWW] button on the bottom of any of my posts to access the 2004 GL1800 Calendar.

·
Registered
21 Posts
event board

I think it would be great. It would be a great way for some of us here to meet face to face.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'd very much enjoying reading about other rider's tours and trips, must-see spots, places to avoid...etc. There's a wealth of knowlege out there, I for one would love to use that while planning my trips.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I don't get it - we already have a "Rides, Trips & Events" board. I read it all the time. :hun1:

·
Registered
552 Posts
The Rackerberian said:
I don't get it - we already have a "Rides, Trips & Events" board. I read it all the time. :hun1:
Went back and looked at this again, the original post was in 2003!!

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Bulldog I think that is where all that cat stuff sould be posted :D :oops:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts