GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't ridden in awhile due to the winter weather. Got out yesterday for a couple of hours. Today, my legs are tired and sore. My quads are tired and my hamstrings are sore. Does this happen to you at the start of the riding season?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yup. One needs to get off couch and get on the tread mill. Here in MN I have been on the couch far to long. The first few rides of the year all the unused mussels are in for a rude awaking. Cornering and balance on a motorcycle uses a lot more mussels than watching Nascar.

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
Interesting question, I used to drive trucks long distance and after the first day of every long trip the muscles in my legs would be sore, took about a day for the pain to disappear, that went on almost every week for 20 years, since I no longer drive truck sore legs are pretty rare :shrug:

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
IT'S CALLED GETTING OLD !! GET USED TO IT. CAN JOIN GYM OR EXERSISE AT HOME TO PROLONG IT. GUY ON TV 83 PLAYING BASKETBALL. SAID HE GAVE UP LAYUP AT 80 :bow::bow:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
you can eliminate that ache if when you ride you wear some of those compression socks that go up over your knees.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Haven't ridden in awhile due to the winter weather. Got out yesterday for a couple of hours. Today, my legs are tired and sore. My quads are tired and my hamstrings are sore. Does this happen to you at the start of the riding season?
I have never had any of those symptoms after the first ride of the year or at any other time after riding. I'm 74 stand 5'-7", and weigh 185. I also do not have any back pain or joint pain problems and have shoveled lots of snow this winter.

You may want to talk to your doctor to rule out any vascular or spinal problems, especially if you get any pain in any of your leg muscles after walking for a few hundred feet. Lots of people have partial blockages in either their left or right leg arteries.

gramps

·
Love The DCT
11,783 Posts
No. :doorag:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
you can eliminate that ache if when you ride you wear some of those compression socks that go up over your knees.
Just tried that last year. Sweet!

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I wear them daily, went on a ride with them and it made my legs cold. I don't wear them riding anymore.

·
Registered
626 Posts
It takes a few rides to get the ole groin muscles stretched back out. The first ride I feel it in that area the most.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
1st ride pain

Never

Kurt

·
Registered
308 Posts
it is probably

the way you sit could be one, i always seem to be a little nervous on the first couple of rides and seem to tightened my legs as if i was riding a horse, but sitting on the couch here in MN for as long as we do, does have some effects, maybe a little walking can bring the legs back faster before trying to ride the big lady. hopefully it will only happen a couple of times and you will be good to go. good luck ride safe.

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Were you using your leg muscles to back up the bike while sitting on it instead of using reverse?

I was using a heavy 24" 5 hp snow blower yesterday and was backing it up quite a bit instead of turning around with it and today my leg muscles are sore, especially the quads and hamstrings.

gramps

·
Registered
827 Posts
Only one on the left side.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts