GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that work at a DoD installation where do you mount your DoD sticker?

Dave

·
Registered
756 Posts
I got a piece of 1/8" aluminum plate 4" X 6" and a 1"stainless steel clamp (like a muffler clamp)from Lowes. Drilled a couple holes for the clamp to go through the plate and attached it to the left engine guard

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

I like to hide mine when not gettin' on and off the bases. Mine are on the bottom side of the left passenger footrest, when headin' to the base I flip it up and when I'm out in the middle of nowhere near a base it's down. :wink:
The instructions for the region aren't clear for bikes just cages. I haven't had anyone give me a hard time unless I forget to flip the footrest up.

But the "to each his/her own" rule is in effect. :wink:

:flg:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Lwer left W/S thats were they want it

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Snowwolfe said:
Lower left windshield. Why make it any more difficult?

Because I want to be able to move my windshield up and down. Plus, I don't want that sticker on my Lexan.

Mine is on a bracket on the left fork.

Bob E.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Low center of the windshield.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
They did away with decals at my base. :shock:

They wanted them on lower left fork leg.

later..Randy

·
Registered
552 Posts
Alot of dudes from Luke AFB live in my neighborhood and ride their bikes to work. I always seem them mounted either on the fork legs, or on the wind screen.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I put mine on a piece of thin plastic that is larger than all the stickers. I then put the top of the piece under the windshield vent and put two small pieces of double sided tape on the bottom corners and stuck it to the windshield. That way it is under the vent and I do not see it, it is also easy to remove to put new stickers on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts