GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be heading down from Paducah Saturday morning. On Mapquest it looks like 111 south from 40 goes to 284 which goes into the park?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Gonzo, If I remember right you go south on 111 and turn left on 30 then go a few miles and turn right into the park. Hope this helps. Wish I could be there Saturday. Have to work.

Barney Biker

·
Registered
152 Posts
Gonzowing,
Since I live here I thought I would take a shot at your question. 284 from 111 is considered the back entrance to the park and it will get you in but it is a bit longer around that way. If you're coming down 111, I might suggest picking up hwy 30 east in Spencer which leads you to the front entrance of Fall Creek Falls, especially if you're up for some heart thumping twisties. That section of 30 is pretty exciting to ride. Once you get into the park watch for signs that will direct you to the Inn (restaurant).
After you enter the park, the first intersection you come to is the nature center. Go straight thru that intersection into what looks like a prking lot. Keep going to the end of the lot and a road exits down the hill. That road merges back into the main park road at the top of the hill and will lead you to the camper check-in-station which sits in the middle of a 3 way intersection. Bear right at the camper check-in and stay on the that road until it come to a left-right split. Go left and the road dead ends at the Inn.

On a side note, if you come in on Hwy 30, you will pass by the entrance to the recently discovered Rumble Room Cave. It is the 2nd largest cavern ever discovered in the U.S. The Louisana Superdome would fit in the main chamber with room to spare. As soon as somebody figures out how to open it up to tourism....look out! There are pictures posted on the web if you search on "rumble room cave" if anybody wants to see them.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the directions. I'm planning on leaving here at 6AM, per Mapquest it should be about 265 miles. I hate to make good time and get almost where I'm going and then get lost! :D :cus: :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Gonzo

Are you going down I-24 to Nashville? Maybe we can hook up somewhere near Clarksville. Maybe the rest area just inside TN.
Jerry

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should be at the first rest stop on I-24 in Tennessee between 7:30A & 7:45A. I believe that is at mile marker 93. From there I'll head to Nashville, take Briley parkway over to 40. I'll be glad to look for you at the rest stop.

·
Registered
336 Posts
TN Lunch

Gonzo,
I should know by noon tomorrow if I will be able to make the run. I'll post here.
Jerry

Also gonna try to make the poker run Sunday at Sills.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey Gonzo

Don't make an extra effort to stop at the TN rest area. My making the run is very much in doubt at this time. If I make it I'll be at the exit of the rest area wait for you to fly by.

Jerry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts