GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these helmets out yet ? Whatever the reason Honda's official website promotes these helmets?

Any experiences?

·
Registered
94 Posts
If its the one with the flip down visor, I have it. I'm having a hard time getting used to the visor being in my field of view. I ride visor up and only want the visor down when it rains. My plan before purchase was to tint the lower portion of the visor so it would act as a sun shade for my face. Skin cancers from the suns rays are something we need to guard against. I could not figure out how to tint it and make it look right. The overall quality of the helmet is very good. It has a very tight fit so try before you buy. I still prefer either a half or 3/4 style helmet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been using the N40 helmet for several years and give it high marks.

It has been on the market for about four years or so.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Hi Jim,
That's the helmets Mikey and I were wearing. It gives you three options to wear.
1. visor and shield
2. visor only
3. shield only

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah right, you're telling me that just in order to make me jealous aren't you... :wink:

Seriously, I'll talk to you about it next time we get together.
:roll:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Curt, I used two strips of black plastic electricians tape at the top of the visor and one strip on the bottom. It cuts the view a little but the shield can be positioned to block the sun. Works for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nolan N40 Helmet Clarification

There seems to be some confusion on this forum about the Nolan N40 Helmet. The New N40 Helmet comes out today 9/10/14. Years ago there was the original Nolan N40 helmet. It was one of the first that had the Visor Peak and the Clear Face Shield. It also allowed you to interchange the parts to ride with the helmet in a few configurations. The gentleman who was referring to the sunvisor must own a Nolan N43 or N44 helmet. These models were the only 2 3/4 style helmets from Nolan with this option. The New N40, why Nolan chose to name it the same is not clear, has the features of the older model combined with the newer models. Now you get the Visor/peak, clear face shield and the interior drop down sunvisor. We just put them up on our website last night Nolan N40 Helmets. Hope this clears up some confusion. Bill Harbison, Owner The Helmet Shop.
n40.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased the NEW N40 4 weeks ago. It fits a little tight, but the padding is great. I love the new PEAK. The air flow thru the helmet is the best I have ever seen. With the vent open you can hear wind noise thru the helmet. It is the first helmet that I have owned that I can actually feel the air flow thru the helmet. Visibility is great and the multi position visor is a good improvements. The only problem I have found is the shield fogs u easily but raised it one notch and clears ok.

Gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts