GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had a riding buddy that owned an Aprilia sport bike, don't remember the model but it was the super bike version with magnesium usper light wheels and what not. Fun bike, wicked fast, and handled like you would not believe. Problem with it was the parts were very difficult to come by. I do not know if the problem was because he had the race version with super low production numbers or that is just how Aprilia operates on all of their products. Maintenance was another issue with it. Frequent valve lash checks were in order. It seems that many Itallian motorsports are that way though.

Sorry not much more help.

Bill

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Cruiseman....I sent you a PM

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I know quite a few folks with RSVs (Supersport) and Tuonos (Nekkid RSV) They are kinda like Ducatis without the attitude..

The Mana is a great little bike.. I love the trunk and the power is quite noce without being too abrupt..
I'd be concerned about the CVT trans.. My dealer is a really big Aprilia dealer and they were the first to get one in the US.. (it still hasn't sold)
While parts are easier to get than they were a few years ago, it's still an Italian bike and sometimes parts can take a few weeks to get here from Italy.. The Mana is also not a big seller so if you have any issues it'll be tough..

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I thought you were talking about Sasprilia...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts