GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I had a close call yesterday riding. We were going down a three-lane interstate and I had just checked my right mirror when a car doing over 100 mph passed us on the left side and cut us off missing us by about 3-4 ft. It happened so fast I didn't even have time to put on the brakes nor would I have wanted to as again he was there and gone and there was a car following closely behind us. The point is, scared the heck out of my wife, and even myself some, and it made me start thinking about having a camera mounted that recordes instances like this. So, I guess I'm just asking do any of you folks ride with some type of a camera that would just continually film as you ride? Appreciate your thoughts.

·
Vendor
17,815 Posts
I know a collage student who was riding her bicycle who had some sort of video camera setup on her bicycle. I think she was riding in one of those bicycle lanes where a car must pass through it for a right turn. Yah ... well a lady operating a car was busy on her cell phone, wasn't paying any attention, and ran right over the student on the bicycle, while trying to get into the right turn lane. Unfortunately the girl on the bike was badly hurt, and seriously messed up for life. She had like 1 quarter left of med school ... a high paying job for the remainder of her work life :) Calculate that loss of income out !!!

Unfortunately for the lady driver, she was insisting to the cops that the bicycle veered into her lane and "there was nothing she could do." Fortunately for the med student, it was all caught on some sort of video camera that was installed on her bicycle that shows what really happened ... that the lady driver was lying about it all, and totally at fault. Fortunately for the med student, the lady driver is not only well insured, but filthy rich too. Hopefully the med student will own that lying *****es estate !!!

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Mount up a GoPro and set it to record on a loop. They will record until they reach the capacity of the memory card, then start over, recording over the beginning video. There are also dash cams available that record from both front and rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts