GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the the EC spoiler / brake harness form Honda Direct Line during its sale (along with EC fog lights, volt meter, trunk, etc, etc). Should get everthing in the next week or two.

I notice on the EC website that this harness has been upgraded to allow an adjustment to the brightness of the spoiler light when in "running mode" vs. "brake mode".

Do any one know if Honda Direct Line sells the upgraded version of the product?? Did anyone recently purchase this product from Honda Direct Line and was it the upgraded version??

Here are the links.

EC - http://www.electricalconnection.com/wir ... /02111.htm

HOnda direct line. - http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =478173931

Thanks for the info. Because of the weekend and holiday, no one answering the phones at Direct Line.

I'm not sure when EC upgraded this harness and when it started selling it.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Zeebo

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
If you just received it, you have the new version. The old one is on our garage sale and has been there since July or so.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lewis/EC said:
If you just received it, you have the new version. The old one is on our garage sale and has been there since July or so.
Thanks for the response Lewis. I just ordered it 3 days ago...so based on what you said....it is the newest version.

Have a good one.

Zeebo

G

·
Lewis what changed in the 06's that you need to be able to adjust the spoiler brightness, or is this an issue with all the years ?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Just 05 and 06. I think they changed where the wires go into the board. We would get some that were bright for 1/3 of the housing and dim the rest. Upping the voltage slightly fixes the problem and we let you decide where its all good.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I purchased the harness in December and the adjustment was there, so Yes they do have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts