GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SP111 and want to update to either a 2720 or 2820. I am not clear as to weather I can plot a route on my pc and then download to either unit as I want it, or will it put my route in the "best sequence" to save time, miles etc.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
I have the 2720 and yes it will download routes, custom Points of interest ( as in Honda Dealers)...you may have to call Garmin and request a copy of mapsource to load onto your PC as it doen;t come with the unit. All the detailed maps are preloaded on the unit.

They sent me one at no cost.....

·
Registered
705 Posts
have a SP111 and want to update to either a 2720 or 2820. I am not clear as to weather I can plot a route on my pc and then download to either unit as I want it, or will it put my route in the "best sequence" to save time, miles etc.
The 2820 will allow you to do that with Map Source and Street Navigator which comes with the Unit. Construct on PC and transfer roues to the unit.

Also allows Points of interest (POI's) detours on the fly changes from fastest to alternates routes etc etc. I think the screen on the 2820 is just a little bigger than the 2720 probably not much.

I looked at them all. There is a spread sheet that was done on GPS comparisons on this site someplace maybe soomeone can find and post the location for you. Look Here http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74091

2820 has integrated Bluetooth if you want it, can play Mp3's, and buy and put books on the GPs etc etc.

Flash drive and waterproof

The 2820 is the latest in the Street Pilot series as far as I know

Suggest you go to the Garmin site and download the users manuals for both unit and print them out and read.

I did that before I bought the 2820

·
Registered
206 Posts
The 2820 also has XM Radio but you will have to buy the GXM30 antenna for around $200 to be able to activate XM Radio but then you can also get NAVTRAFFIC & NAVWEATHER for $3.99 more per month if you need it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts