GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 GL1800 with comfort group. I replaced the factory heated seat with an aftermarket non-heated seat. I installed a Dummy Load thing ( see pic) on the bike seat plug. I would like to see if this Dummy Load works as advertised. Our weather here is still pretty wet and cold, sometimes frost in the morning, so we are not riding yet. I don’t want to start up the bike in my garage.
Does anyone know if the heated grip works when the key is turned to “ON”, but the bike is not started?
Thanks, Kenny

·
Vendor
21,293 Posts
There is a control line from the ECM to the heat controller unit that is used to allow it to only turn on when the engine is running. If they didn't do this and you turned on the heated grips or seat with the bike not running it would drain the battery flat in very short order.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fred, that makes sense. I guess I’ll wait a few more weeks till riding season to find out if the Dummy Load works or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Open the Garage door and start the bike you will know in a couple of minutes if its working. Won't harm anything or anyone in the garage unless it's that cold up there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts