GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I rode on a road like this. If I remember correctly, it was in SW Missouri. Almost felt like you could lift the front end going over a crest.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Well I made it to the "roller coaster road" today. Now why did I listen to Duckster's comment and decide I would check it out?? It is an absolute waste of time. Not worth going a mile out of your way. We have a road, Road 2700 just south of Bartlesville a few miles that goes to the east. It is MUCH MUCH better and less than 15 miles from my house. I was there tonight after my "other trip" but it was too dark for pictures. The pics below are of the "awesome" (not) Rollercoaster road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Man, it looked good from here! @bbalzer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I used my Sony a6000 camera with full zoom. It isn't a very powerful zoom. Don't remember the number....but then I heavily cropped them so you could see the "hills". You can pretty much see over the hills while driving. I had to drive into town and ask some one at the gas station if I was on the right road. Yip... I was. Went back and took several photos. Drove down the road once trying to find "the hills"...

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa man, bummer, and i just warmed my bike up for a ride out there!
Coming from Massachusetts...lol

Thanks for looking!
BUT I am going to the "tail"of the dragon in June...........

Ronnie

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
There is another in (?)Nevada, or maybe Utah(?) like that that really is a lot of fun. Don't remember where it was, because it was a wandering trip toward the left coast... Anybody know that one?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks for looking. My wife said it still looked like fun. I may have to go there next year. If I do it will be part of an Arkansas trip.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Thanks for looking. My wife said it still looked like fun. I may have to go there next year. If I do it will be part of an Arkansas trip.
You want to only drive the far south part. The rest of 366 is not good pavement. A lot of it has had fine gravel spread over it since so much of the pavement had broken out. You may drive it "hunting" for the rollercoaster and completely miss it. It is not impressive. You won't get any "whooopeee" out of it at all. The picture is probably more thrilling than the road. When I asked the guy at the gas station if I had been on the right road, it sort of chuckled and said " yeah... that was it". I said something like thought I might have missed it..."nope, that's all it is :) "

Reactions: CHICO

·
Registered
72 Posts
Doesn't look near the same as the dragon. My opinion is that the picture has been photo-shopped but it might be an adventure to go see if we can find it! Who's in?

·
Registered
72 Posts
There is a road up in the NE corner of the state that has some really deep down and ups but nothing like this picture presents.

F

·
0 Posts
Roller coaster?
We have roads in Illinois that have higher humps in them than that.
Sure did get hyped up.

Doug

·
Registered
72 Posts
Doug you have to remember most of Oklahoma is flat as a pancake and a llot of the roads are straight as an arrow. So if you find twisties or some hills it gets exciting for us, :)

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Eastern half of Oklahoma and down in the SW corner near Wichita "mountains" isn't bad. Nothing too great. Short ride on 20 from Spavinaw to Locust Grove is nice. We have a short section of Road 2700 that goes west of HwY 75 a few miles south of Bartlesville that IS more of a "roller coaster" but it's fairly short. But it's MUCH better than the one in this post. I was very disappointed in the one that this post is about.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts