GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Personally, I think it's at the high end of it's value range. It's an '86 Interstate. If it was an Aspy in nice condition without the issues, it would be closer to the correct value IMO.

As a comparison, I purchased an '87 Aspencade with a color-matched cargo trailer two years ago for my wife and paid $3,500. The pair were in near showroom condition and the bike had only 27,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
What do you mean? Price?

If your asking if your price is fair, then yes. Always start higher than you expect to get.

You might put your phone number in the ad. I personally hate farting around with multiple E-mails when a phone call can answer my questions quicker and determine if I want to see the bike.

Rayjoe

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Like I just wrote in another post, good used Goldwings are NOT selling right now after visiting 4 Honda dealerships this week,
and same would be for E-bay or Craigslist.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Just my opinion - but you asked. I was able to find some ebay and craigslist 1200's cheaper, and without the mechanical defects you have listed. I know you like the bike, but "runs great and has hesitation at 2k rpm" doesn't quite go together.

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
The only thing I see odd is that you say it runs great, but then you say it has an exhaust leak and a hesitation. Those two problems tell me that it doesn't run great. Buyers get skeptical when an ad is contradictory.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all for the advice. i think i'll try to fix the issues first, then if that doesn't work lower the price and re-word the ad.

~joe

·
Registered
16,851 Posts
And the hesitation or flat spot may be due to the exhaust leak.

prs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts