GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Mike,

In reality, the "Wing" community over services their bikes as it is.

Very hard to get folks to believe in the 8K mile oil service limit as it is.

I doubt that there would be much of a call for something of this nature.

However, I have learned over the years, that "There is an ass for every seat". Sometimes ya just might have to wait a bit to fill it.

Thanks for posting this. I had not as yet seen one.

Bulldog

·
Registered
906 Posts
Bulldog: I use the AMZoil and filter, how many miles between oil changes do you recomend?
Joe

·
Registered
906 Posts
:lol: prolly is, but do those that use Amz change their oil at the recomended manual mileage or do they tend to extend it a tad?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Joe,

Honda says 8K

Amsoil says double that or 1 year.

I say that everyone should do what makes them Happy and helps them sleep better at night :lol:

Bulldog

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bulldog said:
Honda says 8K

Amsoil says double that or 1 year.
Hmmmmmmmm I always wondered about those synthetic oil manufactures when they extend oil intervals like this.

Or to put it another way, who pays for a oil contamated engine when it fails under extended warrenty and Honda ask: "When was the oil change last"

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Bulldog said:
I say that everyone should do what makes them Happy and helps them sleep better at night
Bulldog
THAT is a statement that would fit almost every subject we talk about here!!
Good one Bulldog!!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
This fits right up there with deer whistles and magnets around the gas lines. I've tried both, I think I'll pass on this one.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
IMHO that so called Engine Sentry .. should be in the same box as --
snake oil -- lighting rods -- fortune tellers & crooked politicans..

cosmic

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Off for the popcorn, and think I will adjust my copper alzheimer bracelet.... :lol:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
The block of the engine may be aluminium, but there are hundreds of parts in the engine that aren't. Not to say that the sentry is actually effective or worth anything, but an 'aluminium' engine is anything but.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Engine Sentry...

We aren't using it....

That's why we only 250,000 to 300,000 miles out of our engines...

Just think of the miles we would get if we all used that cra* marvelous stuff.

:D

John

·
Registered
501 Posts
That goes with the magnets to purfiy water, give you better gas milage on you gas line and better health if you wear them.
I think my refg is Colder because we have magnets on it.
Save your money and change your oil......

·
Registered
312 Posts
>>sphere-shaped magnet that exhibits on the order of 3.5 million units of energy

Umm, the normal measure of magnet strength is called the Gauss (old name) or the Oersted (newer name). An even older name is the Tesla; a highly tech term is the Gilbert.

"3.5 million units of energy" is meaningless BS-pseudoscience talk. Run away--- far, far away.

·
Love The DCT
12,198 Posts
Look at the so called "Benefits of Use" claimed for the Engine Sentry;

Benefits of Use: extended engine life; cooler engine oil temperatures; improved lubricity; improved oil filter performance; extended oil life; more usable horsepower to the drive train, improved fuel mileage.

Lots of smoke and mirrors!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
IR Harry said:
Off for the popcorn, and think I will adjust my copper alzheimer bracelet.... :lol:
Do you remember where it is?? I keep loosing mine...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts