GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or, more accurately, not doing the shuffle. I have the play icon set to shuffle for my usb thumb drive. Up until the past two weeks it worked fine, Now it plays one music file, shuffles with-in that file, and then repeats the same file. I have 62 files and over 900 songs. Formerly with shuffle selected, it changed files every time and would play a song from that file and move on to another file as each song finished. Loved it!

I've tried cycling thru the 3 available play options to get it to shuffle correctly to no avail. Also removed and reinstalled the thumb drive, no help. The usual advice seems to be to disconnect the battery for most electrical/software issues, but that sometimes seems to me to be a guess rather than a knowledge based solution. I am hoping to find a solution other than disconnecting the battery and losing other pre-sets.

Anyone know for sure how to address this? Thanks!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Or, more accurately, not doing the shuffle. I have the play icon set to shuffle for my usb thumb drive. Up until the past two weeks it worked fine, Now it plays one music file, shuffles with-in that file, and then repeats the same file. I have 62 files and over 900 songs. Formerly with shuffle selected, it changed files every time and would play a song from that file and move on to another file as each song finished. Loved it!

I've tried cycling thru the 3 available play options to get it to shuffle correctly to no avail. Also removed and reinstalled the thumb drive, no help. The usual advice seems to be to disconnect the battery for most electrical/software issues, but that sometimes seems to me to be a guess rather than a knowledge based solution. I am hoping to find a solution other than disconnecting the battery and losing other pre-sets.

Anyone know for sure how to address this? Thanks!
I think I have also had this happen but didn't pay a lot of attention to it. I am in Florida so am riding fairly regular. I will try the USB stick next ride and get back to you....

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
I think it depends if you are in folder view or in file (song) view when you select shuffle. (which Honda calls 'random' play mode)

page 98:

Random play mode:
-When playing from the [Folders] playlist,
plays tracks randomly from the current
folder.
-When playing from the [Songs] playlist,
plays tracks randomly from all tracks in
the USB device.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,581 Posts
What does the dash display when playing music off a UBS stick?

When playing my iPod the songs artwork shows up on the dash screen and its like your looking at the iPods display screen...all the iPods artwork, playlists, and songs menu show up on the bikes dash screen exactly like it would on the iPod's screen, works very well and everything works while the bike is moving.

What doesn't make sense is you can access every single song out of say 1500 songs in the iPod while the bike is moving, but you can't access 30 phone numbers in your phone book while moving...just doesn't make any sense why the system is set up that way.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Farmguy - Thanks a bunch! You got me on the right track (pun intended!)

With random (shuffle) selected, I went to the the songlist screen and picked a song. Sure enough, after that song finished, the next song was indeed from a different folder. I had looked at page 98 previously but didn't pick up on what it was telling me. Duh.

I love this forum. You guys are the best! Thanks for all the responses!!

Gary

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
What doesn't make sense is you can access every single song out of say 1500 songs in the iPod while the bike is moving, but you can't access 30 phone numbers in your phone book while moving...just doesn't make any sense why the system is set up that way.
20 speed dial entries are accessible in motion, of the 1000 phone numbers it can store in phonebook(up to 4 for one contact)

30 more from call history, are also available in motion

(although it seems likely to me than many of the 'recent' calls are likely to also be numbers that have been selected for speed dial; so probably won't end up being 50 unique numbers)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Was going to say what was said above after trying out my stick finally this afternoon. So not much to add to the above..... glad you have it figured out.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,581 Posts
20 speed dial entries are accessible in motion, of the 1000 phone numbers it can store in phonebook(up to 4 for one contact)

30 more from call history, are also available in motion

(although it seems likely to me than many of the 'recent' calls are likely to also be numbers that have been selected for speed dial; so probably won't end up being 50 unique numbers)
Yes I'm aware of all that you are saying, and I have done that....but isn't it just stupid that you have to put your phone numbers in the speed dial file in the first place...why not just allow the phone book to be accessed like with the speed dial file...why the extra steps, what is really the difference...like I said earlier Honda allows all the songs to be accessed on the iPod....but you can't access the phone numbers in your phone book....whats the differences...just dum the way Honda has it setup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts