GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
...Unless you have the money sitting around and permission to buy one! @biglefti FORCED me to ride his! AHHHH! Now I have to get one for ME and keep the 2016 for 2 up rides. But wait! I also want an adventure bike! I鈥檓 in big trouble...馃槺馃槺馃槺

I鈥檓 starting a GO FUND ME page. Please help! 馃お馃お馃お

Registered
Feel your pain. This happened to me. I went from test ride to purchase in like a week.

Though, try out the DCT Africa Twin as well. May be the blend of DCT goodness and adventure biking you're looking for!

Vendor
...Unless you have the money sitting around and permission to buy one! @biglefti FORCED me to ride his! AHHHH! Now I have to get one for ME and keep the 2016 for 2 up rides. But wait! I also want an adventure bike! I鈥檓 in big trouble...馃槺馃槺馃槺

I鈥檓 starting a GO FUND ME page. Please help! 馃お馃お馃お
Also, if your dealers are closed on Sunday and Monday, never ride one Saturday afternoon ... you'll then have to wait till Tuesday to go get one.

Registered
Now I have to get one for ME and keep the 2016 for 2 up rides.
My wife and I comfortably ride and tour on the 2018 with no problems. The most we've done is three nights, but I think we could do five nights with a little more selective packing. You really don't have to keep the 2016. But since it's only two years old and low miles, I understand that it's hard to part with it. ;)

Registered
The new Gold Wing does just fine for two up riding...my GF loves riding on my 2018...she has no issues....she even wonders why anyone would even need the passanger handles :)
Agreed, my wife is very happy on my DCT as well..... I think this has a lot to do with the size of the wife. I can certainly understand why some would need more room.

Vendor
my GF loves riding on my 2018...she has no issues....she even wonders why anyone would even need the passanger handles :)
Because sometimes she really may need to hold on...

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
My wife and I comfortably ride and tour on the 2018 with no problems. The most we've done is three nights, but I think we could do five nights with a little more selective packing. You really don't have to keep the 2016. But since it's only two years old and low miles, I understand that it's hard to part with it. ;)
Yes, I would lose too much and I just yesterday ordered a Hartco seat! :eek:

Registered
Man I keep telling people not to ride one unless, they want one! I took my bike, that I was very happy with, in for a new tire and ended up buying a new DCT. The salesman knew all he had to do was get me on the demo bike.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Agreed, my wife is very happy on my DCT as well..... I think this has a lot to do with the size of the wife. I can certainly understand why some would need more room.
Haha! Not MY issue...

Registered
OP is correct. I did ride new 2019s but I ended up buying a new 2017. So the end result was that same: it cost me 馃挷馃挷馃挷

But, life is short. You never know what can happen. You gotta live for the day. :)

Registered
I sat on a 2018 at the dealer while getting a part for my ST, I ended up buying a Tour 2 weeks later, first ride was off the dealer floor and took off for home. Never test rode.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts