GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Missed the Death Valley Ride last month due to winter weather so this is a sanity ride to just plain get away from the cold and ice ... yes ... even here in Tennessee ... yes even in March ... still

If you want to tag along and see some daily pictures and follow my journal the link below will take you directly to this road trip story on my web site.

http://donnieontheroad.com/styled-2/styled-48/styled-49/index.html

Want to know where I'm at or the roads I took ... SPOT Link --> https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=76a751f72dbf7e2a9

I plan to roll in the morning after cutting a swath through the ice outside my shed today so I can at least get the big girl out in the morning. Looking forward to finding some warmer temps and making some new friends.
I’m sure we’re all ready for this winter to be over. Hope everyone gets or takes a chance to ride soon.

Let's be careful out there.

Donnie

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I got it bookmarked. Missed meeting you in Death Valley, but hopefully next year! Have a safe and fun trip.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I'll be following you with a great amount of envy...safe travels.

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
got forced off of 77 last night in Dobson NC enroute to Daytona by freaky 7 inch snow.. will be back on the road tomorrow morning

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Leaving for JAX tomorrow. We are all at the Jacksonville Ramada on Hartley rd. Pop in and say hi.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Will be following you as I always look forward to reading about your adventures on the road. Enjoy, be safe, and soak up all that sunshine that you can. :thumbup:

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
Donnie I look forward to watching, have a safe trip, traffic is crazy down there :thumbup:

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
:roll::roll::roll: EVEN WITHOUT BIKE WEEK !! GONNA BE LOW 40'S UP NEAR JAXS. UPPER 70'S SATURDAY THEN IN 80'S SUNDAY . ENJOY N BE SAFE !

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
got forced off of 77 last night in Dobson NC enroute to Daytona by freaky 7 inch snow.. will be back on the road tomorrow morning
I looked at the AccuWeather Wed night and changed my route to go down to Cincinnati Ohio and pick up I-75 and only had about 150 mile of rain getting to Mcdonough GA. Sounds like i made a good choice. Will continue on down to FL before noon tomorrow. Hope they get the roads cleared for you. Be safe, Lyle

·
Registered
8,544 Posts

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Leaving for JAX tomorrow. We are all at the Jacksonville Ramada on Hartley rd. Pop in and say hi.
Have fun down there in Jax.

Donnie...enjoy the weather down there! :)

Small screen, fat fingers...you know the routine!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
Have a great trip Donnie! And enjoy those warm temps!!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Following you as well Donnie. You gonna make the DS spring ride in?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Day 1 in the books

Keep trucking south to get out of that white stuff. After today I think I'm far enough south as I see no snow on the ground :) See you down there.

Cool Marc ... hope to see you down there

Donnie I look forward to watching, have a safe trip, traffic is crazy down there
Yeah ... hate the congestion ... going to stay on the fringe and try to stay out of it as much as possible

Following you as well Donnie. You gonna make the DS spring ride in?
Absolutely .... wouldn't miss it.

Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes ... let's be careful out there. Resting tonight in Oxford, Mississippi

Donnie

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Glad to see the Red bike from Arizona is out and about and doing what it does best...providing miles of smiles to it's owner. Sad to say the showroom where I had viewed her sitting is but only a memory today. Coyote Honda folded under the pressures of the economy sorry to say. :-( Safe riding and always a pleasure reading your posts and following your adventures.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Made it safe

Great 4 days of riding on the way down. Made it in to Ocala, Florida tonight. safely.

Will be riding over to the Daytona area in the morning and looking forward to attending the luncheon and seeing everyone there. See if I can get a few pictures to share.
May get a little wet down here tomorrow but hoping it's just scattered showers.

Donnie

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
Should be there and looking forward to meeting you. Hopefully rain wont chase alot away ! Maybe they'll take cage .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts