GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 626 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some of you may know, Donnie is in California visiting with his daughter and family. He was supposed to make it back to Arkansas for the Harrison Gathering this week, then afterward return home to Dover, Tennessee. Actually his pull out time for points East was Monday of last week. He was not able to meet that deadline because he was diagnosed with a viral infection which was making him extremely dizzy. Therefore he was grounded in California.

After sitting around for the past week and following the doctor's orders, he was getting somewhat better, but was still too dizzy to ride. We were supposed to talk again tonight to see how things were going and make plans for his eventual return. Tonight, I got word from his buddy in California that Donnie had a stroke and is in the hospital. I wish I had more details to share, but this is a developing event that has just happened.

As more details become available, I will share.

Prayers for Donnie!!!

Also wanted add, just in case some were wondering. I got the okay through his daughter to share his condition with his friends in this motorcycle community!!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Praying for a good outcome and full/complete recovery Donnie!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Our health and our lives are so treasured, yet so fragile. Lest we forget, every day is a day of grace. Prayers going out for Donnie and his family. Will also put him on our local Church Prayer List.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
This sad news brought a tear to my eye. While I don't know Donnie personally, through his journals I feel that I do. It is especially sad that this occurred while Donnie was with his beloved grandchildren. In his post about Travis on the Road you could just feel his joy at taking his grandson for his first ride with Grandpa. I will pray to our Lord that he gives Donnie a full recovery and the time and ability to take Travis on the cross country trip that he so desires. Please keep us all informed on his progress.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Monk, so sorry to hear about Donnie. As others have said, although I haven't met him in person I feel like I know through his posts and yours. Prayers for Donnie, his family, and his friends like you who have shared so many miles and smiles together.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Thanks Bob for the info. That explains why he didn’t respond to my text yesterday. He was hoping to be well enough to stay overnight with us and head east together. We may go see him instead.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Bob for the info. That explains why he didn’t respond to my text yesterday. He was hoping to be well enough to stay overnight with us and head east together. We may go see him instead.

He and I talked Saturday ... he was really frustrated with the dizziness. We planned to talk again last night. I sent him a text last night and never heard back.

Russ told me he had feeling in his toes, but that he could not talk? And that it could take several weeks of therapy to have a chance to get passed this. Not sure what all that means??

His wife is trying to get a flight back to California and his son who is also military is trying to get back to see him.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I had just talked to Donnie sat. afternoon about his medical issue, he was hoping to get better this week. Sorry to hear about this.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Say it ain’t so !!!!!!

MORE prayers sent from Florida so Donnie has a FULL recovery ....

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,663 Posts
Oh, my! Certainly NOT good news to hear, but glad Donnie is somewhere where loved ones can care for him!

Follow all the doctor’s’ orders, Donnie, and you’ll be fine! No shortcuts, my stubborn friend!!!

Recover safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 626 Posts