GL1800Riders Forums banner

601 - 606 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
That right leg seems to really be getting there. Stepped over the seat better than me. I'm sure from your end there is a lot more struggle to it, though. You remain in my prayers.

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
Notice how the right arm stays erect after getting off the bike.
Things tighten up and I have trouble relaxing it. The arm and leg requires much focus and effort to work right ... then it is hard to relax once engaged.
At least you're still progressing - that alone is a positive sign!

We'll be thinking about ya this weekend out in the desert! 😎

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Hey Donnie, you were a great inspiration to one of my customers who had some kind of operation induced stroke. He was very depressed and was about to give up playing his saxophone in a band that he is part of. I told him your story about now being able to open your fingers again after almost two years. It gave him new hope and patience for a longer timeline of recovery. I know you're still have a ways to go, but you are progressing in amazing fashion to those of us that don't get to see you each day. Great to see you get on the bike even if it is just pretend riding. In my prayers Bro!

·
Registered
8,760 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
@Donnieontheroad Read this:

Never say never...
True ... I won't.

I'm happy for Jerry Lee Lewis .... everybody's stroke is way different. I have to fight my own battle. Thank you for sharing that.
Strokes aren't a side by side comparison. Nevertheless .. I am very happy for him!

Unfortunately, this thread continues and I try to look forward ... but looks like it is going to take another year for me to even try to ride a motorcycle.
I have made a lot of progress but sometimes it seems like it is so little. To ride again STILL seems unrealistic but I will keep trying regardless.

I will ride again!

Thank you for thinking about me .. what else to do but push on!

Donnie

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
601 - 606 of 606 Posts