GL1800Riders Forums banner

641 - 660 of 664 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #641
Looking very good ... I can see the difference from the first video to the last. It was mostly in your face ... confidence!! Each time that level of confidence went up. More will come as you practice, practice and practice.

I know it is not necessary to say this ... but keep up the good work. It is paying off!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Donnie seeing these others videos brings so much joy, that ur plan is also coming together w Gods plan. The other videos seemed effortless. You're getting there. I know Terry is also encouraging you from the heavens above. Keep up the good work. And look forward to seeing more and more of these types of accomplishments that you are making. 🙏🏻👍🏻👏🏻🙌🏻
Lisa

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Donnie we should all take a page out of your journey to get back to riding your GW. The top of that page should be titled Never Give Up because you have showed us how to respond to adversities. Thanks for posting those very encouraging videos. Keep on doing what you've been doing to get those great results. (y)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #645
Looking forward to that next ride with you, Donnie! And I don't mean BICYCLE ride! :LOL:
That is for sure!! We need to have a RTE ... maybe several! (y)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #647
Make sure everyone know when this major ride is. I will guarantee you we going to take up a big part of the restaurant.

Yes, that is for sure!!! (y)(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
The videos made me well up with pride for you Donnie, yes, what a milestone. Someone surely is listening, how can he not with all of us telling him the same thing. Absolutely the best 4th of July anyone could ask for. You’ve been through so much, and your on your way to reaching your goal of riding the wing again. Proud of you, no doubt about it.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus! Donnie you are an awesome inspiration for many! Keep on keeping on! God is faithful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hello old friend. It’s been too long. Still thinking and praying for you, and it’s so good to see your smiling face. I know that recovering from a major health event can be slow and frustrating. I’m so glad to see your determination. Kyle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
August thoughts and update

Seems like I’ve been in a foggy time warp … 20 months have gone by with so many stories left untold. My second adventure in life continues. It’s a blessing to get a second chance in life. Many of you know I rode a bicycle by myself in July .. first time since the stroke. Thank God … and thank each and everyone of you for your prayers and support. First thing I did when I got home was take the training wheels off of my bike and off I went down the road. In the coming months I’m hoping to be that much closer to getting the Wing out and try riding it.

Course, with every milestones completed there are new milestones or obstacles to replace them.....

- I’m riding the bicycle 6 1/2 miles daily about 6 times a week. It about 1 1/2 hours up and down fairly straight but slightly hilly roads.

- Try to get in 60 minutes of stretches and strength exercises.

- Trying to wear the braces for the right arm at least an hour a day now. No longer wearing leg brace support .. maybe beyond usefulness.

- Decided against the injections in right arm .. maybe revisit in winter.

- Focus is on right hand recovery as much as possible … squeeze, open
and closing.

I’m doing good with my Blood Pressure and it seems it is better that it has been in a long time. The lightheadedness has diminished some and I’m glad to see that. It means it will eventually become less and less relevant … My balance seems good … Although, I don’t see myself throwing a Goldwing down a curve road just yet .. but I’m sure I will .. eventually ;-)

I’m almost off all the anti-depressants! I stopping the last one next week. In fact, I’m closing in on getting back to the meds I was on before the stroke. Getting off of drugs you don’t need is a plus for me. I’m starting to take on life more and my confidence is returning … very slowly. It’s like that fog is starting to lift a little. It feels so good.

God is good.

Stay safe … but Ride!

Donnie ...

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Donnie it's always great to read when you post especially this one where you've made multiple improvements and getting off some of the drugs that you were on. Very encouraging news and I'm sure that the next time you post things will be even better. Keep up the good fight.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #655
Donnie, I continue to be overwhelmed with your determination. Most guys would have given up a long time ago. You are truly amazing ... keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will get there! (y) (y)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #657
Like I said before, I’ll be there riding with you when you take off on your Wing!
There will be several of us doing that!!!! (y)

·
IronMan
17,267 Posts
KEEP PLUGGING AWAY . RIDING THE BIKE = EXERCISE ! WHICH MITE BE WHY BLOOD PRESSURE DOWN AND OTHER THINGS GETTING BETTER . SEEMS LIKE YOUR MAKING PROGRESS !! KEEP IT UP !!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Donnie, glad to hear that you're doing so well on the bike. I don't know if I could ride one that far in a day!! You are truly one amazing man. I'm glad that you're getting off some of those meds that may be holding you back a little and starting to take on more and more...albeit slowly. That's the best way to handle those meds. I look forward to seeing the video of you riding your Wing for the first time since this started and seing the huge smile that I'm sure will be on your face. Keep up the good work and the prayers and thoughts will continue to pour in for you.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Happy anniversary, Sir!!

Found this today and thought of a great time in California...

We need to do this again, one day!!

641 - 660 of 664 Posts