Registered
21,045 Posts
i have a voltmeter but not digital

thats tempting

thanks for the tip

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I have a voltmeter, but never have I learned how to use it. Maybe one day. I dont want to set it on the wrong setting and then mess voltmeter up, plus I would not have no clue what most readings mean.

·
Registered
17,032 Posts
I think you would be better off buying a multimeter for all around use; just having a volt meter is pretty limiting in trouble shooting. I see no big advantage in the digital aspect either, an analog multi-meter is fine. I've got a voltmeter somewhere, but I can't even recall the last time I ued it -- I use several multi-meters routinely at work and occasionally at home.

prs

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Hey PR,

Might want to look again, it is a multimeter

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Thanks Lewis. At $9.99 you can't go wrong with a Craftsman multimeter. I already have one but at that price I'll get one just for the Wing.

G

·
0 Posts
I have no idea how good theyare but I just got a flier from Harbor Freight tools for a digital MM for $2.99!! I imagine it's pretty feeble but for 3 bucks I will probably pick up a few to carry in the vehicles.

·
Vendor
22,081 Posts
Hey Lewis,

I am looking for a good quality voltmeter that is small enough to carry on the bike. I have one of the cheapo Sears mini meters (shown below), but the contacts in it are junk and it works flaky. Do you know of anyone who makes a miniture digital voltmeter that has decent leads on it and isn't made in Taiwan?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Fred, That's a good Christmas gift yo give yourself. Just why you really need that sensitive a digital meter for is beyond me. That is unless you just like expensive toys! Which in and of itself is fine.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Every so often, I walk into the Lab here at work. Then I ask one of the techs if I can borrow a Fluke to take home over the weekend for some troubleshooting....

It's Friday... maybe I should do that this afternoon. :lol:

The dumb looks and blank stares are always worth it...

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm all for technology but ? I'll stick with my analog, I like to see the
needle move. I've used digitals that have failed, I really just don't trust them. Personel preferance I guess..............

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Gladiator said:
Fred, That's a good Christmas gift yo give yourself. Just why you really need that sensitive a digital meter for is beyond me. That is unless you just like expensive toys! Which in and of itself is fine.
It's not just a digital meter, What Fred wants is a portable digital oscilloscope. BIG difference!

:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.