GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends....I received a phone call from my wife today. She works with men that have psychological issues and are being treated by the state. Almost all of these folks have no family. The state has .33 cents a month to spend on each person for extras; envelopes, stamps, books, etc. I am bad at math, but thats not much.

The Mrs. knows that my office gets several magazines each month that we take down and recycle when we are done. She wanted to know if we could reroute them from the recycle bin to give them a new life. Then I thought about my hundreds of friends and customers here and the lightbulb came on. Here is how you can help if you choose to join in.

If you have any old, pre-loved magazine that these guys could read that you are finished with, we would greatly appreciate you sending them on for someone else to enjoy. It does not matter if it is a month or a year old. Since they are books, you can send them 4th class via US Mail which is fairly cheap.

You can send them to:

Magazine Roundup
8802 E University Dr, Suite 14
Mesa, AZ 85207

Thanks for your thoughtful donations...it means more to my wife than you know.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Better yet, I'll just take a 10 minute ride and drop them off.

Thanks for the info!! :D

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I've got many mags around. Car type mags for the most part.

The company I work for receives many mags since we advertise in them.... by that I mean these mags are not very old or used up. Some have scanty clad women in them , no nudie stuff

Would the car mags work for her?

I could bring over a box or two

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Re: Don't trash that old magazine! Recycle it and help some

Lewis/EC said:
Friends....I received a phone call from my wife today. She works with men that have psychological issues and are being treated...
Um, so do you...

I'm sure that the Wingstock Mafia will start collecting.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
THats a no brainer. I dont read as many as I used to, but I still have some. Now my Father, for god's sake can that man read. I will for sure forward this address to him. He reads 4 newspapers a day, then about 3 magazines. His wife and dog died, he has nothing else to do. I am going to suprise him at Xmas time and show up at his door with his Grandson 2K miles away.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tony in AZ said:
I've got many mags around. Car type mags for the most part.

The company I work for receives many mags since we advertise in them.... by that I mean these mags are not very old or used up. Some have scanty clad women in them , no nudie stuff

Would the car mags work for her?

I could bring over a box or two
Guns and Ammo would probably be the only type they might not distribute. Thanks much.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Don't trash that old magazine! Recycle it and help some

Arn Butt Bill said:
[quote="Lewis/EC":1ny1ix3x]Friends....I received a phone call from my wife today. She works with men that have psychological issues and are being treated...
Um, so do you...

I'm sure that the Wingstock Mafia will start collecting.[/quote:1ny1ix3x]

Hmmmmmm....never thought of it that way. Sure hope not...lol.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Damn Lewis,

You are about two weeks late. I just cleaned out about the last five years worth of bird, motorcycle and model train magazines that were just collecting dust. All went into the recycling bin and I filled up three of the bins. I will probably find some more, as I am cleaning out rooms preparing to put an addition on the house. Whatever I have I will send.

Roy

·
Registered
488 Posts
I just copied and posted this over on ZX-12R.org. I hope those guys like sport bike m/c mags. :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts