GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Doran unit that checks my bike tires and I can add sensors the my trailer. What I need to know is when I unhook the trailer and go riding what we the unit read. not read, or light up when I do this?

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Good question. I just ordered the doran for my 2 wheeler. I would imagine when you position your bike so many feet from the trailer it will not be able to communicate with the trailer sensors. Let us know, don't know what the monitor will show.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got all 4 to show the right psi, 38 front, 32 back and 25 for the trailer tires. Now what do I do when I drop the trailer for a night and go to dinner?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bmp

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have a Doran unit that checks my bike tires and I can add sensors the my trailer. What I need to know is when I unhook the trailer and go riding what we the unit read. not read, or light up when I do this?
Once you separate your trailer from the bike and the trailer TPMS sensors are out of range the monitor you will receive a "Lost Sensor Alert" for each missing sensor. The monitor will display 3 flashing dashes (- - -) at the affected sensor positions and the alarm light and buzzer will activate. The only way to stop the alert is to enter the programming mode and remove each missing sensor from the monitor que. When it comes time to rehook the trailer just re-enter the sensor #s and you're back in business. Kind of a PIA and definitely a poorly thought out design but once you do it a couple of times it's not that big a deal.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Why not get two?

Why not use two different two-sensor systems? Use one for the bike wheels and one for the trailer wheels. When you leave the trailer, turn the second display off. Turn it back on when you hook the trailer back up...:shrug:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Why not use two different two-sensor systems? Use one for the bike wheels and one for the trailer wheels. When you leave the trailer, turn the second display off. Turn it back on when you hook the trailer back up...:shrug:
Well, I guess you could but if you stick with Doran a 2nd Doran monitor will cost you well over $100 and then you need to find a space to mount it and wire it in. Even then neither Doran monitor will have any On/Off function unless you wire in some kind of separate power switch. The Doran M4 monitor is specifically designed to monitor 2 bike tires and 2 trailer tires simultaneously. Unfortunately, the designers gave little to no thought to the fact that many riders hook and unhook their trailers regularly. A simple menu choice to monitor either 2 or 4 tires would add greatly to the system's functionality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts