GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Tpms

Cruiseman, I have to agree with you on the Doran TPMS. I have been using one for about 4 years. I'm completly happy with it. Thanks for your post. I never realised that there was the option to display the readout in the minor. Be safe and enjoy the ride Larry

·
Registered
386 Posts
I wish they would give the actual tire pressure readings for both the front and the back, then blink if there is a high or low pressure reading.

I like the compass idea!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
That is a slick option that Muth included. Very handy if you mount the Doran monitor in a not so visually obvious location. The flashing red light on the Doran monitor is VERY bright so unless the monitor is hidden, you're gonna see the alert. :lol:

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a slick option that Muth included. Very handy if you mount the Doran monitor in a not so visually obvious location. The flashing red light on the Doran monitor is VERY bright so unless the monitor is hidden, you're gonna see the alert. :lol:
These mirrors give you the option of installing the monitor in the trunk, under the seat or in the glove box.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
The option provided by the mirror is slick but doesn't by itself open up new mounting options. The Doran comes equiped with a long wire with a red LED on one end and a plug on the other that goes into that same port that Muth makes use of for their mirrors. So even before Muth included the option on their mirrors, you could remotely mount the LED so you could see warnings while still hiding the monitor from your sight.

Using this option (either the Doran provided LED or Muth's feature) unfortunately doesn't give you any indication whether the low pressure warning is from low pressure or a loss of signal (i.e., low battery) with the wheel sensor. The light comes on for either reason. You need access to the monitor to gain that level of understanding.

The Muth unit is a much more ellegant looking install than what I could fashion with the Doran's provided remote LED lead.

If you don't have the monitor hidden, I wouldn't run out and replace your existing Muths to make use of the TPMS option as the monitor's indicator is quite eye catching all by itself.

These mirrors give you the option of installing the monitor in the trunk, under the seat or in the glove box.

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The option provided by the mirror is slick but doesn't by itself open up new mounting options. The Doran comes equiped with a long wire with a red LED on one end and a plug on the other that goes into that same port that Muth makes use of for their mirrors. So even before Muth included the option on their mirrors, you could remotely mount the LED so you could see warnings while still hiding the monitor from your sight.

Using this option (either the Doran provided LED or Muth's feature) unfortunately doesn't give you any indication whether the low pressure warning is from low pressure or a loss of signal (i.e., low battery) with the wheel sensor. The light comes on for either reason. You need access to the monitor to gain that level of understanding.

The Muth unit is a much more ellegant looking install than what I could fashion with the Doran's provided remote LED lead.

If you don't have the monitor hidden, I wouldn't run out and replace your existing Muths to make use of the TPMS option as the monitor's indicator is quite eye catching all by itself.
That's true. The Muth mirror is only a more attractive way of displaying the remote warning light. Agreed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts