1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
It's a hard rain gonna fall.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
You guys in the central Florida area appear to have an welcomed Labor Day visitor; be careful and best of luck.
I wouldn't say it was welcomed but very unwelcomed. And not just central Florida. Just like all of the rest of the big blows.

Reactions: CAWing

·
IronMan
17,631 Posts
Ya so much for "holiday " tomorrow be closing up shutters on my tin can . If it hits "3 " and heading my way will head to my sons down in grant . Last year spent 3 days there till they got power back on . 8-12 inches of rain is alot and throw " a little " wind ( i hope ) in and could get interesting !!

Reactions: WingWing

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Ya so much for "holiday " tomorrow be closing up shutters on my tin can . If it hits "3 " and heading my way will head to my sons down in grant . Last year spent 3 days there till they got power back on . 8-12 inches of rain is alot and throw " a little " wind ( i hope ) in and could get interesting !!
Here's an idea John so your place does not move. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
I hope all you Floridians in the path of Dorian come away from this with little or no damage.

Reactions: bingle50

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I've been through a few since 1956 but everyone of them is different. We prepare at my house and leave the rest up to the Lord. Dorian's steering currents are so weak the 48 hour forecast has changed significantly every 6 to 12 hours which is nerve wracking. However I'm liking the trend away from any Florida landfall. Hopefully it just brushes the coast and goes off to the NE.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'm going for a ride on the wing this morning before the storm tomorrow

Reactions: anotherone

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I'm going for a ride on the wing this morning before the storm tomorrow
I did a breakfast run yesterday and today on the trike. Only 10 miles each way, but still got me out of the house before some "maybe" bad weather passes through.

I feel like this storm is like watching a turtle race.....

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Crazy storm..... my wife and I were at our place up in Maggie Valley for two weeks and decided to come back home early to Jax last Friday to do storm prep. At the time the storm was supposed to be in Jax on Monday.......turns out we could have stayed a couple more days and still had plenty of time to prep.

I hope this thing keeps slowing and then turns north and east.....

Come on Dorian.......U-CAN-DO-IT!

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Waiting on Dorian to get here.... is like waiting all day for your dad to get home to whip your arse.....?

Yep, I know the feeling. :crying:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Waiting on Dorian to get here.... is like waiting all day for your dad to get home to whip your arse.....?

Just as long as he didn't take my Honda S90 away, nothing else mattered.

·
IronMan
17,631 Posts
Just as long as he didn't take my Honda S90 away, nothing else mattered.
SOUNDS LIKE "BUNCH" ROTTEN KIDS GROWING UP ! :surprise::laugh::laugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts