GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Vendor
21,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my new bike, I gave the salesman my drivers license and he took it into the office and they filled out all the info for my sales reciept and title off it.

When I get my title, I notice the address has a misprint on it, so I call them and ask them to fix it and send me the warranty booklet they never gave me.

After about almost 4 months of phone calls, at least twice a week, they finally got around to getting my title fixed. So here it is mid February, and I finally get my title in the mail from my purchase in November. Guess what. They misspelled my name now.

I give up. On Monday, I'm going to the tittle office and fix it myself. You would think that on a $22 vehicle purchase that the dealership could at least spell my name right. I won't ever do business with them again, that's for sure.

I word to the wise. Double check your sales invoice and make sure they have your name and address on it properly before you walk out of the dealership. Don't let the excitement of getting a new bike make you forget to double check everything, and don't trust anyone. If they can screw it up, they will.

·
Registered
271 Posts
That's a big 10-4.

I had a similar problem with a car. I like to never straightened it out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Fred, I don't know your address so hard to tell if they really should have gotten it correct. I live on "Main Street" so I know these odd names generate a lot of misspellings.

But, your surname is extremely rare and I am sure it has many spelling variations. Lastly, you are usually more forgiving of people's mistakes - hope your day gets better!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Removed because Bluebaird is so simple minded he doesn't recognized humor when he see's it!!!

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
my dealer got both of mine correct in october, i guess they copy it off my license, well enough

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Same deal here Fred.... wrong VIN on the title = 1 digit wrong. I finally took care of it myself. It required a level 1 inspection by a state MVD employee........ A standard issue snotty B**ch till my brother (her supervisor) walked out of the office and said : " Hi little brother" :tongue:

The good thing in this was the sales - finance guy left out the AZ license plate fees on my contract :thumbup:

He called me, tried to convince me that I would not receive the title or license plate.... after I told him I already had them , he hung up

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Watch the money too. Several years ago we went to a high end used car lot. Bought a BMW z3 at a really good price. I wrote down on a scrap of paper the amount of cash down, loan amount amount and tax title and tags. I gave it to my wife and sent her in to do the paper work while me and the boy played with a Porsche. An hour later she calls me in and says it almost 2k higher. I look at the girls paper work and ask her how long she had been there, 15 years she said. So I take her calculator and figure the interest on the finance and she is charging me up front all the interest and then again on the payments. I show her this and get a bunch of double talk, so adios. The salesman stops me and I explain the problem so he straightens her out. I asked again how long she had been there and she says again 15 years. I just wanted to know if this was a dumb mistake or a rip off. Salesman gave me another $400 off to calm me down and we bought the car. I think they gave good deals and then relied on the girl to make a profit.

·
Vendor
21,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The problem with the address is that the house number was wrong, and now my first name is misspelled.

I have been VERY forgiving AND patient with the dealership. After all, it has been 4 months, and REPEATED phone calls.

I am just amazed that they can't even copy it right off a drivers license and never bothered to have me look it over for accuracy before it was sent in.

I'm now just going to have to pay the $30 fee and go take care of it myself, cause I don't trust them to do it anymore.

The lesson in all of this to the rest of you is DOUBLE CHECK THE PAPERWORK when you go to get your new bike, and DON'T LEAVE UNTIL YOU HAVE. I share in part of the blame for not checking it myself. I won't make that mistake again.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
The problem with the address is that the house number was wrong, and now my first name is misspelled.

I have been VERY forgiving AND patient with the dealership. After all, it has been 4 months, and REPEATED phone calls.

I am just amazed that they can't even copy it right off a drivers license and never bothered to have me look it over for accuracy before it was sent in.

I'm now just going to have to pay the $30 fee and go take care of it myself, cause I don't trust them to do it anymore.

The lesson in all of this to the rest of you is DOUBLE CHECK THE PAPERWORK when you go to get your new bike, and DON'T LEAVE UNTIL YOU HAVE. I share in part of the blame for not checking it myself. I won't make that mistake again.

Holy Crap? they misspelled *FRED* ............GOOD LORD:banghead:

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I try not to pick spelling too much but I just can't resist....I'm sure your reciept can be corrected and you will be able to get your tittle replaced!

I'm sorry Fred...the devil made me do it!!

So you must be the new spelling Pr$#k :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Same thing happened on a new truck about 20 years ago. Cash deal, title mailed directly to me. A couple of years ago, gave it to one of our sons. As a couple people before noted, 2 numbers in vin switched. Like to never got it straightened out. Meantime couldn't use the truck as vin # "did not exist" to insure it. Trick of the trade here. When someone says "read the number back", do just that, read it BACKWARD, ie: 1zx8721xxx. Read it backward as xxx1287xz1. You'd be surprised how often you can re-read a number & letters over and over wrong, reading left to right.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
In Florida you dont get a title anymore it is all electronic, when you need it you notify them and they will mail it to you. Just bought a new Mercedes when I got the electronic notice I notified them that I need the title that was 6 months ago still no title.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
In Florida you dont get a title anymore it is all electronic, when you need it you notify them and they will mail it to you. Just bought a new Mercedes when I got the electronic notice I notified them that I need the title that was 6 months ago still no title.
The way around that is to REFUSE electronic title up front. That was told me by a clerk. 3 or 4 transactions and zero problems, paper title in mail in a very few days. I've heard all kinds of horror stories on electronic titles.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
So you must be the new spelling Pr$#k :thumbup:
F U...I made it clear it was a joke (which you must not have the intelligence to understand)!

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
Bluebiard thinks he is now a numbers man too :joke::joke::joke:

S

·
0 Posts
If you can afford a new Mercedes, you can afford a good lawyer and collect the cost of the car in "damages"!!! :tongue:

·
Registered
7,040 Posts

Fred, I feel your Pain! Just, Slow Down, Take a Bolt out of Something, Hold it Between Your Toes and Guess, Where else could this go! It'll be OKAY, we all Mess UP, thinking the other
guy knows what he's dong. Do you know where your Key is?;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts