GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use the Kenda Cruiser rear tire in the 130-70-18 size for a front tire on the wing??

Whatcha think?? Should I just go with the Bridgestone, since its not much more $$

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, why would I care if it was a radial or not?? I see the BT45 comes both radial and bias, and darksiders are using both.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Test Pilot, I have run a Metzler 880 bias on the front of my wing with my Hankook Ventus. I liked the way it handled, but I didn't care for the Metzler!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Anyone use the Kenda Cruiser rear tire in the 130-70-18 size for a front tire on the wing??

Whatcha think?? Should I just go with the Bridgestone, since its not much more $$
I thought about trying the Kenda but I went with another Bridgestone. For my style of riding and our long straight roads in Oklahoma I can't beat it.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I just changed out my 709 yesterday to another 709. I got 13,800 miles out of it and it wore perfect from start to finish. I pushed it a little further than is the norm for me. The dealer was even impressed how well it wore. I have tried many different front tires and now I have found the one I will stick with. It had no cupping and wore even all the way acrossed. Its the perfect tire for the riding i do and road conditions here in PA. :thumbup:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Test-Pilot; I have a friend that tried the kenda and it delamed on him in less than 5,000 miles. I do not know if it was old and out dated by DOT number or not. He ordered it and installed it before leaveing on a trip across the country. Near Washington state it started growing bubbles in the tread. He could not find a new tire at the time, only a used bt-45 and had it installed. He continued his trip and found a new tire to his likeing in Ohio. He is now a happy camper,[with-out a Kenda on his bike]. If you try the Kenda, :22yikes: BE CAREFULL. Later

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the input!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts