GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jumped the shark and got it done...

Vredestein Comtrac 175-75 rear and BattlAx BT45 running reverse on the front on my '96 GL1500...

I only have 150ish miles on it so far but it seems good...

Different - but good...

First thoughts -
MUCH Better over the tiny cracks along the county roads...smooth and solid...
MUCH better over larger bumps too...
A slight weave at HARD acceleration...Like the rear gripping so much it is driving the front...nothing bad but interesting feeling.

The transitions into a turn are more abrupt than with the MT. The effort required to initiate the turn is ever so slightly more, then the bike "waits" for a split second and then DIVES into the turn. A bit unnerving at first but once the turn is going it is no problem and it seems SOLID like a rock.

The BattlAx is a GREAT tire for the front of the 1500. I would have that on (now) even if I switch back to a MT rear someday...

I was taking it easy as the tires were new but I went through some familiar turns at the same speed as before without worry..and it was easier...

Of course this will get better as I get a feel for the way it handles.

I have already pm'd Murgie for my number.

Information on a 1500 Darkside will be fothcoming as I gain knowledge.

:rolleyes::excited:
:fullsize:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
:clap2::yes::clap2::yes::clap2:

Don has about 2000 miles on his and LOVES it! We have got to find another source for these, as I think it is going to be contagious!

Thanks again for sharing!:thumbup:

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:clap2::yes::clap2::yes::clap2:

Don has about 2000 miles on his and LOVES it! We have got to find another source for these, as I think it is going to be contagious!

Thanks again for sharing!:thumbup:
I agree .. Finding a source for the Vredestein Comtrac 175 75 is a priority ...although it may be 25K miles before we need another one....:shrug:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts