GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Been a few months now since I went to the double dark side, and I gotta say I love it!

During this time period, I have also taken the engine out of my old truck for a rebuild, meaning -- I've been without a cage to commute to work.

I've hit all sorts of horrible weather, including one thunderstorm that came outta no where so clothing wise I was totally un-prepared.

During all of that, and of course the nice days too, I have felt totally secure with the choice of tires on my bike. They have never felt loose or I have never had any instances of that light, squirmy, on the verge of hydroplaning feeling. Stable on all sorts of road-construction crap, including where they have "milled" the old asphalt prior to resurfacing it.

Nay-sayers be damned, I'm convinced this is THE safe setup. Now, I've got the truck re-assembled, so I've got that option for the cold rainy days, but my riding season is going to be greatly extended now! Ride safe everyone!!

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Thanks for the update Test Pilot, ride safe!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hahahaha trust me, a 1987 Ranger 2.3 engine would be a huge disappointment compared to the Goldwings engine..... now, if we could figure out a way to put the Goldwings engine into the old Ranger, now THAT might be kinda interesting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts