GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have approaching 12,000 on my 2012. I have had it for 1 bike payment now and over 3,000 miles. I was able to take a nice break in trip but now back to the drudgery of work and only weekend day trips and dreaming of my next extended ride.

Anyhow my question is this. I see many using the Michelin Alpin Primacy PA3 ZP 195-55-16. which as I understand it is a RADIAL tire.

Many recommend the BT-45 as a front tire which as I understand is a BIAS PLY tire.

So my questions are these...

1. Is it a problem mixing the radial and the bias tires?
2. Should I consider a radial front tire in lieu of the BT-45 ?
3. If you think I should go with a RADIAL FRONT.....Which one?
4. If I do go double dark should I run the front BT-45 or other in the reverse direction or is the BT-45 even a directional tire since it is a Bias and not Radial?

Any other suggestions or answers are welcome. I am sure I have more questions but still on the 1st cup of coffee after a 7 day run of 12-13 hour days. Brain is still trying to recoup.

Oh also.. Anyone suggested to mount the CT in the Mobile Al Pensacola Fl area. I live between the two.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
401 Posts
Look at the Darkside forum

When you hit the "forum" tab at the top of the page look at he list of other forums below. Go to the darkside forum and take a look arouns. There are literally 100s of posts with your answers.
...gene

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
ran bt45 on front n mich on back -great set up - 23,000 on set up . bought another bt45 on front (20,000 on it now ) just starting to cup a little -plenty rubber left - went with wanli rf on back -got over 17,000 on it now - will change out before i go out west in august . if run twisties bt edges will wear faster (softer rubber ) overall great tire - good luck .

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Double Dark

I'm on my 3rd BT-45, and also run the Michelin Alpin. I think they make a great set of tires for the Wing. Good luck. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you hit the "forum" tab at the top of the page look at he list of other forums below. Go to the darkside forum and take a look arouns. There are literally 100s of posts with your answers.
...gene
I have seen it and have been looking for it but it has been moved.

I did find it again but it wasn't easy.

It is under Other Sub-forums in a small gray highlighted area under the rest of the forums.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
BT 45 and Michelin are a good combo

I have that combo with about 18- 19000 on them and still have many more 1000's to go. The BT 45 does seem to create a bounce of the front end in the 20 -35 mph range, smooths out above that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts