GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Which direction of rotation do you mount your front tire?

• Forward rotation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bassackward rotation

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that are running a moto tire, intended as a rear tire for another model of bike, on the front of your wing, which direction do you mount the tire? Forward rotation of Bassackwards?

Names will not be displayed with votes.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I want to thank all that have responded so far. I don't run double dark but realize that many do or want to, and they will certainly find the info helpful.

Thanks for sharing guys.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
For those of you that are running a moto tire, intended as a rear tire for another model of bike, on the front of your wing, which direction do you mount the tire? Forward rotation of Bassackwards?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I have mine mounted reverse,but the next change I will try it forward.
The way it is wearing,that might be awhile;)

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I'll watch!:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Richard, could we have a third option?

My first was forward rotation, I got 13,000 miles before I replaced it due to pothole incident earlier this summer. It had 6/32 left on it but I would not trust it.

The replacement, I mounted reverse. Right at 10,000 miles on it but did not measure it yet.

IIRR, I notice a slight bumping at slow speed with the reverse rotation, that I don't remember with the forward rotation.

Anybody else notice that?

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Richard, could we have a third option?

My first was forward rotation, I got 13,000 miles before I replaced it due to pothole incident earlier this summer. It had 6/32 left on it but I would not trust it.

The replacement, I mounted reverse. Right at 10,000 miles on it but did not measure it yet.

IIRR, I notice a slight bumping at slow speed with the reverse rotation, that I don't remember with the forward rotation.

Anybody else notice that?
Curtis, a good idea but I wouldn't know how to phrase the poll questions. Hopefully people will see your post and chime in. The point you raise would be quite interesting.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
This is my first BT-45, forward rotation, about 5000 miles so far...I love it!

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those interested in how the voting turned out, this poll closes tonight.

27 for forward rotation; 17 for bassackward rotation.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I just bought the rear tire for the front and was in limbo on which way to run the tread:shrug: But the numbers says it all. Thanks:thumbup: Im goin to the darkside come spring and I figured , GO BIG OR GO HOME!!! So Im goin double dark:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts