GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have access to one of these tires in 205 55 16. I am thinking of taking the M/T off of one of my spare rims and putting it on for this winter. It has fairly stiff sidewalls but not a run flat, which is no biggie for me. The only thing that concerns me is the 8 1/2 inch total width of the tire. I am thinking it would give a good wide solid footprint for the winter! Any thoughts gents? I haven't been able to find any specs on the tire!

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
I have access to one of these tires in 205 55 16. I am thinking of taking the M/T off of one of my spare rims and putting it on for this winter. It has fairly stiff sidewalls but not a run flat, which is no biggie for me. The only thing that concerns me is the 8 1/2 inch total width of the tire. I am thinking it would give a good wide solid footprint for the winter! Any thoughts gents? I haven't been able to find any specs on the tire!
Michigan native and somebody that does ride in the slushy snow every chance he gets, wider is not better in snow ,,,,, right ?? You been livin down south too long. ;)

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking standing upright easier with wider stance and not want to tip out as easy.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Rocket will it rub the swingarm?:shrug: Rail is right wider is not better in snow.

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
I was thinking standing upright easier with wider stance and not want to tip out as easy.
Are you sure you are from Mi. ?? Ok i see your thinking , flawed but I understand. Now if you want a tire to run this winter go to your tire easy and check out spiked winter tires :thumbup: hummnn :twisted: I am got paying fines though. Yes. Thought about these seriously !!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Are you sure you are from Mi. ?? Ok i see your thinking , flawed but I understand. Now if you want a tire to run this winter go to your tire easy and check out spiked winter tires :thumbup: hummnn :twisted: I am got paying fines though. Yes. Thought about these seriously !!
Rail do mean Studded tires? or the spikes like for ice racing :eek:4:

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Rail do mean Studded tires? or the spikes like for ice racing :eek:4:
They are studded but called spikes. Back in the day I ran big enduros and ice race spiked tires , but Wi. State Patrols where never impressed ;):nojoke:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking holding front brake doing doughnuts like they do in NASCAR in parking lots in the snow!:22yikes::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Rocket remember you're a BLUE HAIR ;)

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
I was thinking holding front brake doing doughnuts like they do in NASCAR in parking lots in the snow!:22yikes::lol::lol::lol:
I have never tried a 1800 smily face burnout . I do have a pile of bike tires to get rid of ,,hummnn

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
See what a help I can be!:thumbup:

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have never tried a 1800 smily face burnout . I do have a pile of bike tires to get rid of ,,hummnn
So Rail, does this mean you are going to start doin' dougnuts now?
Hmmm, cookies & dougnuts!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So Rail, does this mean you are going to start doin' dougnuts now?
Hmmm, cookies & dougnuts!
We'll need ice cream too!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts