GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks...

I'm going to have to be storing my soon to be arriving 07 Goldwing outside in the elements. I've been thinking about a Dowco EZ zip cover as one possible choice for covers. Has anyone out there used that same cover, or does anyone have any experiences that they'd care to share?

Based upon the fact that it zips in the back, my thinking was that it might faciliate an easier time putting it on, or taking it off. My thought process was also that I wasn't going to use the Dowco EZ zip while I'm away and on the road, but would instead use some sort of half cover for traveling.

Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated.

Metric4me

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've used the Easy Zip on trips for several years and it certainly serves its purpose. I can't get too emotional about a bike cover, tho.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I have the EZ zip and while I like it, it does have one drawback, the zipper will allow water to seep through and collect on the seat if used out in the rain. I normally put a towel on the seat under it to keep the seat dry.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I will say this about the zipper. You can unzip it when it's on the bike, but zipping it back up while on the bike is a chore. I take my cover on the road with me all the time. If I have to park someplace I usually put my helmets and jacket on the seat and cover the bike with the cover so people don't see the gear. Plus I hate to leave the bike out in the sun all day.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Used mine over 2 years now, the zipper gave out about 3 months ago. Wife sewed some velcro strips along the zipper that works fine. I find it to bulky to take on trips, like a half cover for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts